PFB+ Debate: Where is the best BBQ in the country?

I lived in Kansas City for half a decade and the best barbecue I ever had was on a trip to Florida. We stopped at The Rendezvous in Memphis for ribs. Absolutely bonkers how good those were.

2 Likes

Honestly some of the best BBQ I’ve had was at some tailgates in college. I lived in MO and wasn’t a big fan of the BBQ there. If anyone is ever in Fayetteville AR location there is a place called Wright’s BBQ that is really good. For me it’s all about the sauce. If it isn’t spicy enough to send me to the bathroom an hour later I’m not impressed. Not a fan of east coast. It’s to sweet. Indiana doesn’t have much BBQ unless you are up in Indy. So I can’t tell a lot of difference in the styles. But if they don’t have burnt ends I’m probably not a fan of the place.

Best in Tulsa is BurnCo!

Dale’s BBQ in Oklahoma City (119th and S. Western)

2 Likes

Meeeeehhhhhh…

Locals don’t like Rendevouz, because it’s treated (externally) as the benchmark.

There’s a place called the Germantown Commissary. I am willing to argue it’s the best in Memphis.

@TheCraniumMonkey, forgot to mention that place…

I am here for all the KC, TX, Memphis bbq. I am not a huge chicken fan, but my favorite thing in the world is Nashville’s Hot Chicken… As the kids say, that sh*t slaps.

1 Like

Oooof, yes SIR! One of the highlights of the 806

I’ve been to Germantown. Very good. It’s just hell and gone from downtown.

I’m a verified rendezvous denier. I don’t get it. At all lol

2 Likes

Honestly everything there is pretty terrific.

1 Like

Albert G’s > Burn Co

The guy that hates TX/OK BBQ off the top ropes with a counter claim on what the best TX/OK BBQ in Tulsa is.

Shouldn’t you be mopping some mustard on some dried out chicken or something? :wink:

[Please take this as the smarmy sarcastic joking it’s intended to be]

3 Likes

The :goat:

1 Like

Decent brisket in this area.

Brisket is easy to smoke too, which is why I never understand places with crappy brisket.

2 Likes

Oh, The Smokin’ Pig in Anderson, SC can do a good brisket. Surprisingly so because I judge most restaurant brisket as subpar to my dad’s.

1 Like

Not even the best bbq on 119th. That would go to the place inside GFF.

Fiorella’s Jack Stack in Kansas City

2 Likes

Can I mention Bad Brad’s in Stillwater? I haven’t had the chance to compare it to any of these places like Franklyn’s, but I think it’s pretty good.

1 Like

Has anyone tried McClard’s BBQ in Hot Springs, AR?

It’s really good, usually on the lists of top BBQ places.

No, no you cannot mention it. Ever again.

5 Likes