PFB+ Debate: Where is the best BBQ in the country?

Stanleys in Tyler or Rudy’s in Austin are the best IMO

Snows - Lexington, TX
Pecan Lodge - Dallas, TX
Franklins - Austin, TX
Killens - Pearland, TX

These are all great TX places for brisket.

The Butcher BBQ Stand in Wellston, OK is really ■■■■ good. Their burnt ends are like crack. The sides are a pretty solid. We drive up to games from S Texas and my wife makes me detour over to Wellston every single time - but I never complain!

What about the place that’s outside of Austin, that has the huge smoke pit in the middle or whatever?

Salt Lick. It’s pretty good, atmosphere drives up the hype.

1 Like

Arkansas is part of my region. It’s on my list.

I actually enjoy the salt lick too. For what it is. Haul in a big cooler of beer and do the all you can eat. I normally always hate myself the following day. Cool environment and atmosphere as well. They produce some wines there that aren’t half bad as well.

1 Like

There is a place…it’s out in the middle of nowhere, Texas. They don’t serve very many sides. I saw it on a food show one time.

Name the place.

Is this place different from Salt Lick?

Yes. It’s pretty big and almost looks like a warehouse inside. And when I say out in the middle of nowhere…I’m talking like everyone-looks-the-same-in-the-small-town remote.

I looked at some pictures of Killen’s, in Pearland. Want to go to that place.

All other BBQ dreams of being Central Texas BBQ.

Is Wild Horse Mountain BBQ still a deal in Eastern OK?

They’re still around. One by my house in BA. they’re good, but I like their catfish better than the BBQ.

Does it have vinegar?

Wade Bowen’s The Caboose in Alvin over Killen’s in Pearland all day every day

1 Like

Cincinnati has a place called Eli’s BBQ, for any of you who may live there or close to there. It’s fairly legit.

Too far north.

1 Like

I’ve been there twice and disappointed both times. Ribs were dry (as in sitting under a heat lamp or in the smoker too long). Glad someone has found it to live up to the hype.

What are your thoughts on Q39

If that’s the place in KC I’m thinking of, they have a burnt ends burger that is ridiculous.

Q39 is easily top 3 in kc. It’s a little non traditional and that’s part of what makes it so good. If you’re a wing person, they make amazing wings. Honestly I love all their appetizers. Last time I was there that’s all we had. They have some really unique sides too. The white been cassoulet is delicious. Burgers and sandwiches really good too. Great beer selection. Good drinks. It’s a cool place.

Oh and the onion straws … amazing.

Kansas City was part of my region for 11 years. Underrated food scene.

2 Likes