PFB+ F1 Thread

Any F1 fans in here? I got into last year and have literally no one to talk about it with. My fiancée just looks at me like I’m crazy.

5 Likes

For someone that may be interested but has never watched a race, how does one get into F1?

1 Like

Watch the Netflix series. It’s outstanding television

3 Likes

Who is your driver? and why is it Lando?
Who is your team? and why is it McLaren?

Soooooooo close. Daniel Riccardo all the friggin way. Lando – kinda a big baby. But he is getting better.

“Any F1 fans here?” I was like, wow, there are some other folks in PFB+ that also work with F1 scores in their line of work. Oops… this is a F1 racing thread and not an F1 statistics thread :nerd_face: :nerd_face: :nerd_face:

1 Like

I got into it about 2 seasons before DTS came out with my wife’s family being from South Africa. Went from no one but in-laws to like 4 friends to discuss it with. Has been fun.

It’s all so excellent. Even if DTS makes things a little more dramatic than they actually are, there is still so many storylines.

Agreed, but also the last season of DTS was the worst of them so far. Won’t be near as excited for next season. Also, as a Max fan I’ll lose interest without him. The driver lineup drama is more exciting anyway. Especially now with vettel retiring.

I’m skiddish as to whether I want Daniel (my favorite) to jump to that Aston Martin seat. The McLaren car does doesn’t suit his driving style, and McLaren is more incentivized with making it better suit Lando because he is younger.

But at the same time, that Aston car is slow right now. But with Stroll’s money, it seems like only a matter of time before it isn’t slow.

1 Like

Need Audi to buy out Stroll. I don’t see Daniel jumping ship from mclaren unless there’s some big changes with AM. Could be wrong though. You’re right about the car not suiting him, but I don’t blame them. They hitched their wagon to Lando with that contract.

Vettel just went P7 with AM in P2. Rain will mess everything up tomorrow but that could be fun if they can compete with alpine and even mclaren maybe. Merc looked poor in P2 and Russell seemed upset.

Also, can’t believe you started this thread the week before a month off!

2 Likes

The McLaren looked good today. Slow track suits them especially with how the Alpine is a rocket ship in the straights.

If I start commenting in this thread, we know conference realignment has not gone the way we had hoped.

3 Likes

I’ve enjoyed it for quite awhile and for many reasons. But man, I think the logo helped hook me

1 Like

Perez out in Q2…Danny Ric into Q3. Ferrari bingo card off to a decent start.

1 Like

Red Bull starting 10/11. Merc on pole. A mclaren on second row. Shake it all up. Love it (even as a Red Bull fan).

1 Like

Need Daniel to get Bottas at the first corner becasue he isnt keeping the two Red Bulls behind him to stay in the points.

Maybe another chaotic first turn and Danny comes out it leading by a minute and a half :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I don’t hate the idea of watching max chase anyone down. Blood in the water for him if the car holds up.

1 Like

If Russell can hold of the Ferraris for a few laps too I think we can avoid a huge leader gap from developing. Big ask though.

1 Like