PFB+ Gambling Thread

Oh boy. First, this compact is not just sports betting; it contains a lot of provisions, one of which would allow sports betting at no more than 2 of the Tribe’s locations, which, I am compelled to point out, is explicitly prohibited by Oklahoma statute and has since the State-Tribal Gaming Act was enacted in 2004.

Second, another provision of this compact purports to allow the Tribes to place new facilities. The location of one or more of those proposed new facilities is on the lands of another Tribe, which is obviously not legal, and certainly not something the Governor can wave a magic wand and do.

Third, just to drive the point home that this compact is violative of several Oklahoma statutes, this compact would expand the scope of allowable games within the Lottery. That is set out in statute, and thus cannot be changed by the Governor.

Don’t care about the specifics just let me bet on the sportsball games.

3 Likes

That makes no sense to me. What’s the logic on someone thinking that would ever be feasible?

1 Like

Ahhhh…interesting to see someone argue that a governor does not have the authority to do something.

Bump.

What’s the deal for online sports gambling in Oklahoma? Is it legal/illegal? My friends and I were talking about it and everyone had a different answer. And I’m curious where I can put a risky $20 on OSU winning the Big 12…

Oklahoma Supreme Court ruled the agreements between the governor and the two? (I think) tribes invalid. So it’s still “illegal”.

1 Like

It’s still illegal. We’ll be like last.

2 Likes

It’ll be legal soon.

I don’t want to say I called it but…

1 Like

Texas State +22.5
Arkansas State +18.5

Let’s see how much money I could lose over the course of a season.

Two underdogs to start with. Big time.

I’m not good at understanding the gambling numbers, but I take it that the Texas State pick was good?

Gary!

The +18 means they get 18 added to their score basically. Then who wins from there.

1 Like

Final straw. You’re out of the will!

1 Like

1-0! Let’s go Arkansas State!

1 Like

Let’s bet on football @Dribble

1 Like

so hold on, they have to win by 18? Or win and score at least 18?

Exactly 18 would be a push.

If the line is Oklahoma state -6.5, then OSU has to win by more than 6.5 to win the bet.

If the line is OSU +6.5, if OSU loses by less than that or wins outright you win the bet.

1 Like