PFB+ Game Thread: Oklahoma State vs. Tulsa

Times like this I wish I lived closer to Stillwater.

1 Like

I predict a step in the right direction. Pokes 34-16. 150 yards rushing.

The line on this game has moved 2 points in Tulsa’s favor since the line opened. Must mean a lot of people are putting their money on Tulsa to cover. Which is kind of odd, considering it’s in Stillwater, our starting QB is back, and Tulsa just lost to sand springs high school in their own stadium. Am I missing something? Are people just having 2020 flashbacks? Or did they see OSU’s final score from last week and pay absolutely no attention to Tulsa’s?

Our OL struggles are real. Tulsa is getting some guys back from suspension. I think bettors may be over compensating. I have a bill on the pokes -13. I don’t think we look great, but I think we cover, by a few.

4 Likes

90-2 pokes. Gunnar finishes the game by flipping double birds to Tulsa after a 72 yard bomb as time expires.

4 Likes

I know this is Tulsa thread, but one of Boise state’s starting LB’s is going to miss the first half next week due to a targeting call

2 Likes

Ummm…it’s in Tulsa, I thought?

Nope

Oh christ, I’ve been operating on that assumption this whole time! Lol. I guess I was confused by the fact that we had so many fans in Tulsa last year, that it seemed like a home game.

That makes me feel marginally better.

Last years game against Tulsa was in Stillwater too.

3 Likes

It’s OK, Chimp. It’s been a long two years.

9 Likes

I heard yesterday that Cole Birmingham might be injured. So, that might thrown the offensive line changes i mentioned earlier in the week through a loop.

Noooo!

Jeezus. Maybe we need to take just a class of offensive linemen.

3 Likes

All these injuries the past few years is making me wonder if our strength & conditioning program needs to be dialed back a bit. I mean injuries are expected but it has felt like we’ve had an excessive number of them the past handful of years. It’s awesome seeing Chuba gain 30lbs of muscle his first year, but I could see how guys are becoming super injury prone because of the massive strain on their bodies.

1 Like

Anyone know if teams do analytics on injury data? Would be interesting to see in graphical form the various position groups and types of injuries sustained through time. Could possibly key the staff into whether strength/conditioning, type of drill run, etc needs to be tweaked to avoid injuries. Seems like something teams would track closely in today’s day and age.

1 Like

Still have those free tickets

3 Likes

Yeah, last year’s was in Stillwater too. Tulsa in 2019, Stillwater in 2020, Stillwater in 2021. Kinda odd but that’s the way it got set up.

Not to sound too heartless by asking this but there’s no “sympathetic” way to ask it, haven’t we had two different athletes between football and basketball literally die during strength and conditioning workouts?

2 for 1, they played in Stillwater in 2017 and I believe that’s around the time they started signing more future contracts.

2 Likes