PFB+ Movie Thread

It is good to know some folks liked TLJ (for me, I will always just say “#8”). I really preferred #7 and #9 far more. Perhaps I’m just in the “pandering” audience that @AlabamaPoke references. :slight_smile: But, I was 14 for the first Star Wars, so that’s where my emotions go…

3 Likes

I didn’t mean for the pandering comment to sound so negative. I really enjoyed #7. I thought that #9 maybe left a little bit to be desired, but it had some of the best individual parts of the new trilogy and was really fun from start to finish.

1 Like

I think the reason I was so disappointed in #9 was beacuse after watching I saw so much potential for an amazing movie. It did have so much amazing content and potential, I just thought the other stuff they put around it made it kind of a foul ball, not so much a swing and a miss.

For me, I’d rank the new ones 7, 8 then 9.

1 Like

SPOILER ALERT FOR DOOLITTLE IF YOU CARE

It was, I saw the ‘dragon theory’ book halfway through and I literally thought, ‘Oh no, they better not.’ Then when they introduced it and Doolittle learned the dragon language in 30 seconds and the whole bowel healing process of pulling out armor and bag pipes with his hands…

Qe5oD5aXjEbKw

It’s a kid movie, that’s how I landed on the ‘it’s alright’ level of criticism.

I didn’t take it that negative, don’t worry. I just think you were pointing out that it really appealed to some viewers and not others. No problems. :slight_smile:

This is one of my favorite critiques of The Phantom Menace. The link is the first video of seven, so look for the others afterwards. It’s quite enjoyable unless you think it was better than the first three (vintage ones).

It has some cussies if you’re in a NSFW environment.

1 Like

I like that lol

1 Like

Best scene ever:

1 Like

Anything other than episode 2 being the worst star wars movie is wrong, in my opinion. It’s just completely useless and full terrible writing and a terrible love story

I wiped episodes 1, 2, and 3 from my memory banks completely.

My Therapist said that’s the best way to carry on with my life moving forward. So therefore they don’t get seats at the comparison table.

3 Likes

Add 7 thru 9 and solo to that list. Basically the originals and rogue one are by far the best.

ah see. So many people hated on Solo. I really enjoyed it, and wasn’t sure why so many people didn’t.

Honestly I think whoever was in charge of new Star Wars movies had almost an impossible task. Some group, somewhere, was going to hate them no matter what. I enjoyed 7, 8, (mostly 9), Solo, and Rogue One but I was viewing them in light of enjoyable movies, not enjoyable “Star Wars” movies.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Maybe. They just to come actually determine what they want to do for all 3 before even making the first movie. Also, I think one of the major flaws in the 2nd and 3rd trilogies is the lack of a consistent antagonist (story-wise). I really think if they set up someone to hate for all three movie and stop trying to be gimmicky with the ridiculous jokes and antics (think of basically everything Luke did in the newest trilogy), it can potentially be really good.

Yeah, Solo wasn’t terrible.

1 Like

I thought the scene in the arena with the different monsters was awesome.

It was. Everything before that planet was basically worthless, in my opinion of course

Anybody go to the Circle Cinema in Tulsa? If not, you should. One of the gems in this town.

http://www.circlecinema.org/

1 Like

I’m bummed I’m going to be out of town when they’re showing True Romance.

PFB+ and the Academy agreed on the Best Picture.

For anyone interested in Bong Joon Ho, but not subtitles, Snowpiercer is on Netflix.

1 Like