PFB+ NBA Discussion

Hornets win! :face_with_raised_eyebrow::joy:

I think you will have that chance again this year.

It pre-dates the Thunder, but I remember going to the “incomparable” Myriad in downtown to watch a pre-season Lakers game. It was a while ago… let’s just say Kareen Abdul-Jabbar was the Laker’s center and he had yet to shave his head. We had a nice view of his bald spot the whole game. (Of course, now I’m bald too…)

Fun fact about preseason games in Oklahoma: Allen Iverson made his pro debut at the Tulsa Convention Center when the Mavs/Sixers player a preseason game in 1996 there.

2 Likes

Clippers are very good and going to be my side chick. Thunder will be fun to watch this year but clips will be the side chick.

Boooooo…bandwagoner…

They are going to be really good, though. And let’s keep something in perspective here: Paul George did a GREAT thing by requesting the trade in the last offseason. That let us strike while the iron’s hot and get a huge return for him.

If there was ever a sport to have a side chick it’s the nba

While yes, Paul George asking out sparked the rebuild and we were in a good spot semi because of it, I still think he’s getting a major pass.

The NBA ripped KD and Anthony Davis for forcing their way out or just leaving and breaking their teams hopes. Paul George has now done this TWICE. I loved PG while he was here and I absolutely understand the move for him. But I think he’s given a major pass while at least those other two guys were killed for what they did.

Uh, yeah. KD was “killed” rightfully so. We got nothing in return because his contract was up, and he left for a team that went 73-9. KD deserves every bit of scorn for the rest of eternity. What he did, regardless of leaving OKC, was the most cupcake move anyone has ever pulled.

And no, the Lebron “decision” does not even come close.

I’m not disagreeing that KD should’ve been ridiculed. However I think it’s time we get over it :man_shrugging:

I was just saying I think PG is getting a huge pass for causing this team to go from “contender” (kind of) to rebuild and for us to lose our sweetheart Russ. When he comes back he should be boo’d but won’t be.

A team with three straight first round playoff exits was nothing close to a contender. Pretender, maybe…

The team needed to be blown up for a plethora of reasons. The final piece of the puzzle needs to be Billy Donovan being canned.

With the NBA changing to what it is now and no front runner… People are hyped about a Russ and Harden pairing so I don’t see how Russ and PG wouldn’t be put in that same boat had we kept it together. The thunder were making deals to help out the bench and 3 point shooting.

I also am not in the camp of firing Donovan, yet. Give him this year with people he can actually coach plus a Chris Paul who’s basically another coach. I don’t think he’s a bad coach, but he may not be a good one either.

1 Like

Hornets back to being the Hornets.

I started cheering for the Grizzlies as a kid because Big Country. Then stopped caring about the NBA for a while. Then Tony Allen basically became the symbol for that team and city and I started cheering for them again. Hope that Jah Morant and what they’ve assembled around them can get Grind City back to being a thorn in somebody’s side.

1 Like

That explains you’re thunder hatred, we’ll other than it just being you, that was a fantastic rivalry at its peak

Ehh kinda… I just also really love Seattle. And also feel that the Thunder are a big reason that people have stopped going to OSU basketball games.

A year ago this week I was planning my move to Seattle to cover Washington and BC for the company I was with. Had just locked up a $2.3m deal with a Canadian crown corp. Then the director that was hiring me left for another company… The new director said he was pulling somebody from his team at the company he left and that I would need to “prove it to him” before he would promote me… So I left that company and now I cover DC and no longer get to go to the PNW every week.

Would’ve been cool to be in Seattle when the Sonics returned.

Osu sucking is the biggest reason people stopped going to osu games. “Good enough” wasn’t going to cut it anymore.

That and osu fans and Travis ford never really clicked.

1 Like

Thunder are a bandwagon team.

The Thunder are a bandwagon team? :joy:

And @eddy is right. OSU attendance was more down because of them just not being very good. The Thunder may take some away, but the demographic going to the NBA games are different than those going to college games.

2 Likes

Osu has made changes that’ll help too. New video board, beer, a team that’s actually fun to watch instead of guards and a short white guy who can shoot

3 Likes