PFB+ NBA Discussion

Thank you for saying this. This theory that the Thunder “stole” fans away from OSU is pure horsecrap.

OSU was average…and the Thunder just happened to be really good during the same years. But one did not affect the other, that much.

Gotta emphasize the beer.

1 Like

Absolutely are.

It did. It was a combo of issues though.

I personally blame ticket prices.

How exactly are they a bandwagon team?

1 Like

People are only fans because they had some of the top players in the world. It’s actually really typical of NBA teams though so it’s not just an OKC issue. But I scuff at anybody claiming they are Thunder diehard at this point. It’s not hard to spend your first decade cheering on those players.

1 Like

So your reasoning is that people around here even can’t be die hard fans of the team because they had good players? Uhhhh what?

2 Likes

This, like almost all of your takes, is absolutely ridiculous to the point where I firmly believe that you’re trolling.

1 Like

This is categorically unequivocally 10000000% false.

That team put okc on a map. Changed the city from a redneck cow team to a

Pro sports redneck cow town city.

2 Likes

OKC lifer here… this is true, top to bottom.

They hopped on the bandwagon once they were good. Haven’t struggled yet and team hasn’t been around long. Good test coming up though.

What makes the Thunder anything but a bandwagon franchise?

Not really. There’s a reason free agents don’t stay and/or demand trades. It’s similar to a Sacramento but not in California.

Actually, I guess that take from @eddy is accurate perception wise.

Just wanted to add that as a Charlotte Hornets fan that lives in Tulsa…I’m not really about what the OKC Thunder are about. I enjoy watching them play but no goes for how they got the team or how the fans are barely a decade long diehard. I get pulling for the team if you are from here but I don’t but into the team having diehards. Yes, I’m a loser team snob but it’s just what I think.

On a side note, I suck a NBA daily fantasy. That ship has officially sailed before November.

Thunder fans can’t be die hard fans because they’ve only been around ten years… okie doke friend. I guess I’ll apologize for inheriting a team and them having only a couple years of not being good. This take of yours is very peculiar and sounds like you want credit for being a fan of a bad team. We get it, you’re a better fan.

4 Likes

It seems a little early to say that most OKC fans are bandwagon jumpers. They’ve made the playoffs every year since 2009. We haven’t seen how the well the city will support a “bad” team yet.

2 Likes

I mean that can be the spin. I still don’t see a 30+ year old man being a diehard fan of a team that’s been around a decade. It’s not going to be a popular opinion on here, but it’s how I see. I’m also not that great of a fan. I don’t even like my favorite team half of the time.