PFB+: One Week to Signing Day, a Look at Targets and Predictions

That’s probably fair.

Darrion Daniels says hi.

But I do agree with your sentiment. This class is solid on the whole.

Don’t think the diamond in the rough kid is dragging the class rank down as much as the lack of top-end stars outside Aden Kelley. Plus, smaller class. One of those years where OSU may not use all 25 slots.

1 Like

Was XLK a Les Miles recruit? He’s was a 4-star DT.

Although, wouldn’t surprise me if not many here know who XLK is.

3 Likes

Yes but he played for Mike. Was Calvin Barnett not a 4 star?

Don’t really know why any big name receiver would come here. After Saturday’s play it looks like we have just two receivers. Wallace and everybody else. And if he’s not open there’s not much read progression.

The freakin Aztecs. But like I said why would he want to come here based on current play.

Yeah, I’m actually not entirely positive OSU was pushing for Baskerville’s services. There was talk awhile back that perhaps four-star safety Ty Williams may flip, so perhaps at one point Baskerville was the backup plan. But having Ty Williams + Lyrik Rawls at safety this cycle is pretty stellar IMO.

8 Likes

Thats a good point, but for some reason Daniels did not show up as a 4 star recruit on the 247 list of top signees to OSU. That is weird because I do remember him being a 4 star. So only our second 4 star DT then. Barr is pretty far down on the rankings, way lower than anyone else in the class.

We’re ranked somewhere in the 40’s, and you’re saying this is the best class we’ve had in awhile…? Psycho, c’mon man.

Edit: #39 according to 247.

1 Like

Look I am not trying to be snarky or argumentative (I will leave that to Scott Corken), but if you look at recruiting rankings after the players actually perform in college it consistently shows they are pretty worthless once you get past the top 15-20. I mean it makes sense because at that point you are talking about ranking thousands of high school athletes that are all over the country. Thus those services cannot really actually see and really dissect every player. Top guys, heck yeah they can and that is why the very top classes are pretty accurate and why those schools consistently win championships. But we are not there yet and I am saying that this class is better than most we have done. So sorry if I don’t really care about the overall class ranking and instead would rather look at the actual players we are getting. I mean a third of the class is ranked as a 4 star on at least one of the services (six 4 stars). Yes I know I just said those guys don’t get things right all the time but we usually only get one or two 4 stars in a full 25 player class based on their same rankings. Thus don’t look at the overall ranking, just dig into the actual players and you will likely be more impressed.

2 Likes

I mean, fair. But outside the top 15-20 ain’t competing for conference championships or playoffs

2 Likes

Hey that’s me!

FIFY

3 Likes

Joke… right?

This 4* DT guy everyone is talking about is the guy from Thomas correct? KFOR did a story and went to a game awhile back. The kid got blown off the ball every play and had 2 or 3 tackles. Little to know presents from what I remember Nate saying. Did he blow people away at camps or something to get that ranking? I’m generally curious.

Thank you!

Baylor, TCU, Iowa State beg to differ.

Nope. I think he will be a viable back up. Not like a Brandon weeden back up who comes in and is incredible. But like Trill vs Tulsa. Came in just did the minimum and didn’t make a mistake. I think he’s very capable of that.

Agreed to a point. Michigan State made the playoff with an average recruiting rank of 30 over the 4 classes before the game and Washington did the same with an average class rank of 28. But they also caught the big dogs in their conferences at the right time (something that we will likely have to do to reach our goals). I would also amend your comment to say “winning” conference titles because a lot of teams are ranking much lower than the 15-20 and “competing” for conference championships including us prior to a few years ago. I get it that we all want to recruit better but everyone last year said he lets get at least six 4 stars and here we are doing that, yet everyone is still dumping all over the class.

2 Likes