PFB Picks: Predictions for Oklahoma State's Trip to UCF

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/pfb-picks-predictions-for-oklahoma-states-trip-to-ucf/

After winning the last Bedlam, what are the Cowboys going to do? They’re going to Disney World Orlando. Oklahoma State plays UCF at 2:30 p.m. (Central) Saturday in the teams’ first meeting with each other. The Cowboys are tied for first in the Big 12 and close the year with three straight conference newcomers. Arlington is in play, but the Cowboys can’t afford much of a slip up. Here is how we think this game plays out. Marshall Scott Score: Oklahoma State 42, UCF 35 Game MVP: Ollie Gordon Uniform: Orange (Pete)-White-White Thoughts: I’ve got a bit of an eerie feeling about this one. Although UCF’s run defense is dookie and Ollie Gordon is, well, good, the Knights can move the ball on offense. So, the Pokes can’t afford a letdown after an emotional Bedlam win. With that being said, I’m not going to bet against Ollie Gordon at a time like this. I think it’s closer than the OSU faithful will want it to be, but when the Cowboys need to kill clock and move the ball on the ground, Gordon and the offensive line get it done. Kyle Cox Score: Oklahoma State 38, UCF 24 Game MVP: Ollie Gordon…

Kind of the opposite of the Cincinnati game weather wise. I hope the 85 degree Orlando weather tomorrow doesn’t play in UCF’s favor. Our boys are used to practicing/playing in much cooler weather this time of year in OK so I’m curious how this will play out.

2 Likes

I don’t care what combo they roll out. Win, advance, and keep OU out of Arlington.

4 Likes

The biggest thing to keep OU out of Arlington, is to have Texas win, since the Sooners own the tiebreaker over them.

1 Like

UCF 38 OSU 34 we have a let down after Bedlam.

2 Likes

Almost inevitable.

I’ve been to every UCF home game in the last two years. This game definitely has trap written all over it. UCF QB is not accurate and will provide opportunities for us to pick him off. If we win the TO battle, we’ll be fine. If we allow UCF to make their big plays this is going to be a lot closer than we need it to be. UCF QB can run, so hit him hard when you get the chance!

2 Likes

appreciate the optimism!

normally i wouldn’t disagree, but this team is built different, we gonna beat that a$5!

3 Likes

Plumley has been hold off. He may start running.

We have to do what we have done good.
Ucf does good on 3rd down not good.
They are terrible at run but great at pass. Very confusing if you can run why pass.
We keep doing our stuff 35 to 24.

2 Likes

Two Bedlams in the final year would be epic!

I see UCF as a less creative, less efficient KU Offense. Plumlee and KUs Bean are both WR fast.
Our D is getting better as the year goes along.

3 Likes

Nope. You do not want this. I promise. YOU DO NOT WANT A REMATCH IN ARLINGTON. It will wreck your soul.

9 Likes

OSU 35
UCF 30

1 Like

I don’t think I want to press our luck. Bedlam ended with a happy ending and I’d like to keep it that way.

4 Likes

UCF is 130/133 in run defense giving up 211 at 5 YPC. In B12 play it’s worse 259 at 5.7 per run. Opponents average 45 rushes against them. Our biggest enemy might be 85 degrees & 85% humidity

I don’t want Texas or OU in the B12 Championship game. OSU vs anyone else would be great.

3 Likes

Thats got us screwed jarrod is saying were winnings

1 Like

Exactly send them both packing to the SEC as also rans

4 Likes

Malzhan can coach offense , don’t be surprised if he throws new wrinkles in there. We should win based on past games but isn’t this their homecoming ? Players play over their head at times. The heat won’t bother the running backs. Collins is capable of getting good yards. It’s the OL getting tired
I’m saying 42- 27 good guys :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Very few teams in the country, if any, trained harder this summer than the orange and black.

Oklahoma summers + body by glass >

3 Likes