PFB+: Q&A with 2022 Running Back Commit Ollie Gordon

“sure they’re different but at the end of the day they’re pretty much the same”

agree to disagree

Not even close. Boynton talked to Cade after we were hit with sanctions. Gundy talked to the kid while he was trying to commit. The way it sounded (read) to me was like he was almost trying to talk the kid out of it. Then again…this kid just started getting good offers in the last 3-4 weeks and will likely get a big ratings bump soon as more offers pour in. I’m sure Gundy has seen this all too many times. A&M, UT or more blue bloods offer and he’s gone. Maybe he didn’t so much say are you SURE you want to commit as much as are you really READY to make a commitment to OSU.

5 Likes

they both talked to a player and wanted to make sure they were doing what is best for them. Seems similar to me, but I guess we are on opposite sides on this.

I do think your last point is reasonable. I’m sure Gundy hates getting commitments from players who will eventually blow up and go to a blue blood.

1 Like

Look we get… you hate Gundy and Boynton can do no wrong in your eyes.

But the situations may be different, ie sanctions vs just recruiting, but they are similar. It is 2 coaches talking with a player making sure he is doing what is best for him. Boynton wanted to make sure Cade did what was best for him. Gundy wants to make sure the kid is doing whats best for him.
Shockingly these 2 situations sound the same.

1 Like

I liked your comment because it is a little dumb, but I think his words are being horribly taken out of context. Ollie is saying that, BEFORE HE COMMITTED TO OSTATE, Gundy was encouraging him to make the right decision. I think it appears that he said that to him AFTER he committed, which is not the case, I presume.

1 Like

Maybe if you keep posting paragraphs repeating yourself someone will actually care

1 Like

Now I get that this isn’t even close to Gundy’s situation. But why not message that you’re trying to build this? Why not message you’re trying to go build a championship Caliber program?

17 or not, Committed or not, this is why you’ll see elite players go to the Blue Bloods that pitch championship Caliber programs, or Boynton’s who pitch building the right program, instead of stand on the sidelines with your arms folded while we lose, punt from opponent territory in close games Gundy.

“You better make sure we’re the right choice”… I’m in sales. I’d lose this sale 90% of the time if I was pitching my customer “you better look around the market and make sure I’m the right choice”.:face_vomiting:

I highly doubt Gundy said anything close to, “I hope you made the right choice and didn’t pick the wrong school.” We’ve seen before that if you are committing to Gundy and OSU, then he wants you all in and not continuing to go on visits. With this class things could get crazy if they eventually are allowed to use their visits. He probably just wanted to make sure that he was ready to commit without even seeing the place in person.

2 Likes

I am interested to see what his stats will be like next year at QB

Funny you keep commenting so clearly you care.

3 Likes

I will never pass up a chance to make you look like a fool

All you do is comment negative stuff, mostly on football. I don’t know how you live like that. Honestly I feel sorry for you.

2 Likes

That actually means a lot that you’re thinking of me

1 Like

I just wanted you to know you’re appreciated

2 Likes

Why is it bad to not be satisfied with a 38 ranking in recruiting?

The data has proven that the teams making it to playoff bowl games are all among the best in the recruiting department.

1 Like

Because that’s literally every program. They’re all trying to build to that.

No they go there because they’re blue bloods and have those stats to back it up and can crap all over any non blue blood.

3 Likes

Fair. What I keep thinking about is if there were a way to level the recruiting playing field. Right now in CFB, you can level the playing field from a competitive perspective all you want, but Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, OU, etc. are going to keep feasting no matter how many teams you throw in a playoff because of how dominant they are in recruiting.

Would there be a way that would incentivize recruits to spread out? Idk, just throwing it against the wall.

And because they are being handed bags of cash! I mean if it’s not obvious that is rampant (especially in the SEC) then people just aren’t paying attention.

1 Like

Gundy couldn’t sell a coat in Alaska.

4 Likes

:cold_face: