PFB+ Softball (Part 1)

I agree 100 percent. It does come across as whiny/defensive. I wasn’t trying to come across that way. If I did, sorry. I respect the job you do. I think you’re fair. I kinda figured you had a “mood” tweet connecting to OkState somewhere to show the class. Haha! I was simply pointing out their reasoning, and then adding that the sports world will move on in time.

Props to you for the response even though you aren’t even required to take the time from your day to do so. Appreciate it. Have a great weekend.

1 Like

This is all you’ll get from me.

14 Likes

But you could be. That’s the thing. Let us impress upon your management the importance of Pokes TV that isn’t associated with RA.

2 Likes

We can tell.

1 Like

@CarsonCunningham

A man with solutions.

All I’m saying is that now we know, they need to visit the Chamber so that we may convince them.

1 Like

This thread is absurd… People should be thankful that we have an OSU grad who is respected in the regional sports media landscape, not disqualifying his fanhood because he is literally just doing his job.

Keep up the good work Carson.

15 Likes

Boomer

3 Likes

I’m with @PGAPoke on this one, but that reply did make me laugh.

My only critique is the times that Carson starts to lean into what feels like OU fandom (rare but happens) or hyper OSU critique-dom (not so rare) specifically on the Pistols Firing Podcast. As a result, I don’t listen as much.

But that’s just me as a fan. I don’t have to deal with being called a homer or a hater daily. That would get old.

6 Likes

Very solid response - kudos to you as well David.

Seriously though, Carson can’t succeed in his industry without giving the other side some love and professionally I can relate to that.

1 Like

I haven’t listened to the podcast in well over a year nor visited the front page. Porter did a great job establishing the site but now it’s more community based and much better. You can check the forum and get all of the info you need.

Why do you complain so much and so often about something you can, and pretty much already do, completely ignore?

5 Likes

When your kids get bad grades, do you just let them fail? Or do you try to help them correct their errors? We’re just trying to make Carson the best version of himself.

2 Likes

Feedback!

1 Like

I support this critique, @CarsonCunningham. It strays at times.

2 Likes

Boomer

14 Likes

That honestly looks like an OU troll considering we all saw Dez

1 Like

Getting back to softball…

I wanted to provide @CarsonCunningham and Colby a bit of OSU softball context after I listened to the first half of the podcast today. Maybe they remember my college football blue blood analysis, where I ranked teams based on actual results with recency bias weighting added to the scores). I recently did something like this for college softball and posted it up higher in this thread. This image is now updated to reflect results of the 2021 WCWS. There are two long-standing Blue Bloods - UCLA and Arizona. Oklahoma is a “new” Blue Blood rapidly gaining ground, with the most championships since 2000. After those three, there are only 10 other programs with 10 or more WCWS appearances - and OSU is one of them. Oklahoma State is a HISTORICALLY GOOD softball program. Before you say “there aren’t many softball programs out there”, realize that 124 programs have been to the WCWS since 1969 and we are ranked 14th according to my subjective formula. Yes, Michelle Smith is our most famous softball personality and that is well-deserved. But I think you did a disservice to Oklahoma State softball history during the pod (while appropriately praising the job Gajewski has done since his arrival in Stillwater).

7 Likes

You really don’t want us to bring out all of his over the top Sooner loving Tweets do you? :laughing:

2 Likes