PFB+ Softball (Part 1)

Figured we needed a softball thread. I’ve watched them all week in the Clearwater tournament. Currently we are 3-1 in the tournament with our only loss coming in extra innings to No13 Minnesota. Currently up 1-0 with bases loaded no outs on No5 Alabama. This team is going to be good

9 Likes

Oh OSU plays Team USA tomorrow at 10AM

1 Like

Pennington is a stud at 3rd base…she is like a vacuum. So reliable. Girls are bouncing back nicely after giving the game away last night.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be surprised if we are around 10th when the new rankings come out

Minnesota is a good team! Definitely will be top 8 next week. Pitcher is one of the best in the country

1 Like

Not sure we jump that high. Will be huge to win this game. I think top 10 if we had won last night, but maybe somewhere around 12 now.

Thought there was more tip 10 teams in this tournament. Probably right sitting around 12th. Taking it Show is a grad assistant coach now? Pretty cool to see her love for OSU continue especially after she was only here for 1 year

4 Likes

Good question on Show, would be curious if she is coaching or just helping out this week?

Btw, the loss last night to Mizzou hurt even more by the make shift fields being played on. We had a hit down 3rd base line that would have scored a run, but it was a ground rule double b/c there was no fence in left field corner. Just inexcusable for a D1 game. Would have made it 3-0, which could have been the difference in a W and a L.

2 Likes

I jinxed Pennington…that is on me.

1 Like

I was thinking we lost to Minnesota forgot it was actually Missouri. That one ticked me off a little. But Your Pennington comment got forgotten real quick!

1 Like

Kenny just looks like that BA softball Dad that’s drinking beer and throwing batting practice in his backyard

3 Likes

We actually beat Minnesota earlier this tournament, which is a good W.

Way to go girls! Wrapped it up before basketball too!

2 Likes

Got confused

1 Like

Was just adding to the conversation, hope it didn’t come across as me calling you out, b/c that wasn’t my intent.

Oh I know your good man! I was watching a work and wasn’t paying much attention then was cooking dinner with the wife and for some reason got the teams switched

1 Like

This team has Regional HOST written all over it… Postseason play can be flukey, but they just might make it back to OKC.

1 Like

She’s actually on the staff.

1 Like

Agreed. To be honest, they have 2 losses that should have been wins (2nd game vs LSU last weekend and yesterday vs Mizzou).