PFB+ Softball (Part 1)

Are we a softball board now?!

1 Like

Considering the baseball team won’t be competing for anything big this year, and we just beat OU for the first time since 2011, yes!

4 Likes

Cool with me. Glad to see the hype. I usually watch softball a little bit deep into tournaments when it’s on TV.

1 Like

Dude I’ve never thought Oklahoma State would ever be on OU’s level in softball. But the job Kenny G has done is phenomenal. He and the program deserve a new stadium and future success. Extremely impressed with what we’ve built with our softball program.

6 Likes

So with a new stadium…why are softball specific stadiums designed so dense in the stands around home plate compared to baseball?

Here’s an unfortunate OSU softball stat for you. After Florida State won the national championship a few years ago, we now have the record for most trips to the WCWS (8) without winning a national championship. In the 80s and 90s we were good and were at the top of the conference. At that time, though, it was UCLA and other PAC12 teams that were unbeatable. It just stinks our program fell of so hard after Sandy Fischer retired and OU came on so strong because they stunk before Patty Gasso, and we dominated them before the 2000s.

1 Like

I wish we had been able to finish them off yesterday! It does not seem to be a good sign that we couldn’t find a way to beat them back-to-back and claim the Big 12 crown. Unfortunately, the Goon women are accustomed to being in this position. We are not. How do we respond to the pressure? The answer will probably make me sad and angry. Such is the cross we bear for bleeding orange. Go Cowgirls! Beat the Goons!

I mean they’re the #1 team for a reason. It’s not that the girls “couldn’t find a way” they’re just ■■■■ good.

5 Likes

The fact that the series score is tied at 10 is extremely impressive considering they’ve run ruled almost everyone they’ve played. Need to swing for the fences like we did in the first game. Yesterday we looked like we were lost and just guessing on swings. Let’s go cowgirls!!

1 Like

I also think we need to figure out how to go deeper in counts and see more pitches. Hard to hit good pitchers when you’re only seeing like 5 pitches an inning :upside_down_face: I don’t really remember the discrepancy in pitch counts now, but that 6th inning was a bad look for us.

1 Like

I was surprised to see the stat regarding the bedlam record in softball, it was something like 90-60 OU, which tells me we really were equal before patty.

1 Like

You are spot-on! I was wrong to attempt to explain the frustration in the manner I did. It’s just really not fun to say OU is ■■■■ good in ANYTHING!!! We differ in opinion on some things concerning Ok State, but you seem to be a solid, intelligent dude. Have a great rest of the weekend. #makeithappen #Big12softballchamps (I hope!)

1 Like

Full capacity today.

4 Likes

Yup

7 Likes

Yes, and it’s basically taken them the last 10 years to get that far ahead because we were so far ahead in the series before 2000. My former manager at the place I give lessons in OKC played softball at OU back in the early 90s and she said they almost got rid of their program because they were so bad. So it’s been quite the turnaround for the program, and it was relatively quick.

2 Likes

If only…

2 Likes

Tickets aplenty today.

6 Likes

Short notice.

1 Like

Solid, yes. Intelligent, no. :joy:

2 Likes

Icy whites today! :snowflake::snowflake::snowflake:

6 Likes