PFB+: Soliciting thoughts on The Reload recruiting podcast

@dustinragusa24 and I are thinking about bringing back The Reload pod – the point being to focus on recruiting angles and Oklahoma State. But before we do, we wanted to get thoughts and feedback from y’all. What content do you like? What content do you hate? Do you prefer newsy items? (I.E. Three-star LB commits, here’s our reaction) or do you prefer X’s and O’s breakdowns? (I.E. Here’s Ragusa running circles around Boone for 20 mins. Kidding, kind of.) In the past we did a mix of both but we can adjust and cater to everyone’s preferences, I think. Looking at doing 25-30 minute episodes once a week or bi-weekly, centered probably around news.

4 Likes

Just football or basketball too?

2 Likes

Both for sure

1 Like

I really enjoyed when you got the new commits in for interviews. But I think newsy and X’s &O’s topics would be great, allows more appeal to a wider audience.

2 Likes

Give me all the basketball and even player interviews if you can. I feel like we get more invested in basketball recruits obviously cause there’s less of them, but cause they maybe more fun to breakdown and watch.

1 Like

I enjoy a breakdown of how they fit into needs. Who could be immediate contributors, who are the development projects. What could this class look like in three years.

7 Likes

These are great. Please keep them coming! Thanks!!

Covering the non revenue sports would be good. Whether that be wrestling, baseball, golf, etc would be an awesome addition.

3 Likes

Even if it was just a review of the recruiting class after signing day it would be a big help in these sports.

1 Like

I would like to hear about some of the prospects we’ve offered for football that you think we have a chance of landing.

2 Likes

The end of the basketball cycle got crazy with armchair analysts coming out of nowhere tracing likes on twitter and drumming up possibilities with no clear rationale. Could we get a weekly 5-10minute breakdown of scholarships left, players to focus on, and maybe transfer market? Something to keep us grounded and not in the clouds. Don’t need this for the entire year, but maybe a month or two months out for each signing period.

1 Like

This is great stuff everyone.

1 Like

I would really like the podcast to come back. This is why I asked the other day LOL. I listen to several podcast about sports. I love the podcast that breakdown the commitments and or people that looking to maybe commit to either football or basketball. I would really like to hear what you all know about the virtual visits. It seems schools are doing a very good job at this. ( i.e. Tennessee and Oklahoma) I just see the content they are putting out and the commits they have. Just wanna know if Oklahoma State is doing something like this. it’s been keeping up with the “Jones” if you will with social media lately. oSu has been very good lately. Just want to hear what you are hearing from recruits regarding that aspect of things. That’s a whole lot in one message, but I think you get the idea… I would love the oSu Reload to come back… @kyleboone @dustinragusa24

1 Like
  1. I like to hear about the scoop more than anything. For example “prospect A is looking at Ark, OSU, and TCU but I think OSU is in the best position.” This is information that Kyle might know more of than anyone else. More of the “insider info” side.

2. I like to hear about the prospects skill set and how they fit in. This is what I feel like Dustin ragu does well. What’s there skill set, how they can contribute, ceiling/ floor, over/underrated prospect, why they maybe over looked.

3. I would like to hear less recruit interviews. I don’t care about how their recruiting process went, what was being told to them, why they picked OSU, and what they think about Gundys mullet.

2 Likes

Fair enough!

How about leading off with an apology for calling an 18yr commit a turd.

2 Likes

Dead :joy:

2 Likes

Okay, I finally feel as if I need to defend Boone on that because that’s not what he said. He said, and I quote,

He did not call the kid a turd. It’s a figure of speech like ‘don’t piss on my leg and tell me its raining’. What he was saying - and @kyleboone, you can clarify if I’m off-base here - was not to try to pass off a player that many of us thought was overvalued this early in the recruiting process as some kind of game-breaking power recruit that we stole from big schools. In other words, don’t try to sell an under-the-radar player as a major coup for the program because it didn’t appear that way.

This ‘Boone called a player a turd’ narrative needs to die. There was some not-great stuff that went on that day, but that bit needs to go away.

3 Likes

Yeah, I shouldn’t have said it, honestly. I tried to make a point and went too far with it. Not my finest hour.

2 Likes

I get what your saying. But as a paying member I expect just a little bit better from the sites #2 writer. That’s it , not trying to stir it up, it just hasn’t sat well and needs to be cleared up in my opinion. Something has to separate us from Norman.

3 Likes