PFB+ Travel Thread

:joy::joy::joy:

U4SE8lH3WAJKNR8odM

Drove up to the family cabin in western Colorado this weekend to get away. Pretended to put the smackdown on some Brookies. Mainly drank a bunch of Keystone.

4 Likes

Why didn’t you put the picture of us swimming around together?

3 Likes

I didn’t want everyone to see how much better you look than me topless

1 Like

Eeeefffffffff that. That’s asking for a Lord of the Flies situation to break out.

I know not what you speak of. But I hate flies.

2 Likes

And that’s different from the local Wal-Mart? :rofl:

2 Likes

@TheHeadChimp wouldn’t know, he only shops at Whole Foods

5 Likes

I be elite.

1 Like

Looks rad.

Phish tour got rescheduled to next year so I’m going to use all of this extra PTO for a 14 day trip out west.

Medford, OR: Visit friends
Eugene, OR: Phish for two nights
Mount Hood: Hike the area
Gorge: Phish for three nights
Bend, OR: Fly fish
Lake Tahoe: Phish for two nights
Mammoth Falls: Hike
Santa Monica: Beach, Phish at the Forum
San Francisco: Phish for two nights

Lots of friends in between and will badger to join me for most shows. Love the west. God bless my significant other for letting me doing hippie crap.

1 Like

I didn’t take any pictures while I was stream fishing unfortunately, only thought to snap a few once I got out on this lake. I waded chest deep to a sand bar between 2 merging streams and ended up pulling a few good little browns and a cutthroat out at that spot. I cast Blue Winged Olive mayflies and dark stoneflies all weekend and they just hammered them.

2 Likes

Not that you asked for my opinion but… Fish the Crooked River or the Metolius River. Deschutes is great, but those 2 offer a lot more in my opinion. There is a shot you’ll be able to pull out a Bull Trout or 2 from the Met and that is an absolute dream come true. Gorge fishing the Crooked for Redside Rainbows is an absolute BLAST

1 Like

I’ll check them out. Anything on my way to Lake Tahoe and where I can stay the night in Bend works.

1 Like

You going to the gorge at George?

Yeah, I go up to all of the Phish shows up there since my best friend lives in Sandpoint, ID now. Best venue around. Breathtaking.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I saw Bonnie Raitt there when my sister lived in Seattle. It’s very nice.

1 Like

Travel thread, I’ve got a few trips coming up, assuming all is well.

July: Madison, WI
August: Vegas - not leaving the Caesars pool
November: Providenciales
December: Trying to find a good ski resort for families, maybe Keystone?
March: Orlando, taking the kids to Harry Potter World for spring break.

Any suggestions for these locales?

2 Likes