PFB+ Wrestling (Part 1)

As I mentioned earlier Michigan is where his GF is from so there is that. Hate to lose AD but understand that sometimes you need to switch your training and routine up.

We won’t be diving into the full blown RTC game until the NCAA makes a clear ruling on it (which I am doubtful about).

The whole thing is essentially illegal in terms of the NCAA but it just doesn’t generate enough interest and there other political factors at play.

Ringer is live now.

1 Like

And he’s going to Michigan.

1 Like

His girlfriend got into grad school at Michigan and is from up there, so that’s what’s driving the move.

1 Like

That was my guess. Makes sense for her and then they do have a strong RTC with several good guys around his weight.

Hate to lose him but that’s the sport and he will always be a cowboy and one of my favorites. I hope this helps him become a world and Olympic champion for the cowboys.

1 Like

Hey one big positive is that the RTC at Michigan is named for an OSU guy!

Somebody over on OP is saying that the big reason Mark Perry went to ASU is because the Brands bros really don’t like the women’s wrestlers and men’s wrestlers working out together, so they threatened to cut funding…

So does anyone think that Ronger leaving will convince Coach Smith to change his tune on RTC’s?

1 Like

Oh come on Lee you left out the juiciest part… the story was that the male and female wrestlers in the Hawkeye RC could not quit hooking up and the Brands boys decided to blow up the women’s team to fix that.

No, he has made his position on the RTCs to hard to make a change and back them now.

I knew that, I was just hoping he would let someone take the reins on it and let them control everything with it, potentially juicing the system so to speak.

If Daton’s dad is not that person then not sure who would be… just saying. The real key would be a major donor to fund things, and not seeing any of those on the horizon in current climate. In fact I think it is more likely that the PSU clubs loses their money considering the current circumstances.

Well if the NLWC loses money from this, I suppose there are worse things that could happen. I’m all for money for senior level athletes, but I’d prefer the rules to be more clear and money to be more spread out.

I will say, two of the most common names I hear thrown around as potential donors for a facility are Chad Clay and Chad Richison.

Clay owns CEP Sorbents, which is an environmental cleanup company. My understanding is he made most of his money during the gulf oil spill clean-up, but I believe they sell a lot of different clean up products, hand sanitizer, masks, etc… So he may be doing pretty OK.

Richison is the CEO/Owner of Paycom, Went to UCO, but is a huge wrestling guy, so some think he may. They may take a small dip right now, but I don’t think they’ll be impacted much by all this.

So there are definitely still people out there that could make this happen.

3 Likes

Richison is who they have/had zeroed in on and talks have been somewhat advanced.

I love Chad (wild dude!) but he has had a pretty hot and cold relationship with OSU and the athletic department over time. Would love to see something land with him but I have my doubts.

And to be clear we are talking funding the new wrestling facility and NOT the RTC. John and Holder do not feel comfortable with the current setup which is essentially a blatant violation of NCAA rules.

2 Likes

I mean the pro is that not having a real RTC isn’t exactly holding OSU back in recruiting so it’ll happen when there’s a clear ruling on it one way or the other.

1 Like

Add their father into this picture and that is a home that I would not mess with. For any reason.

3 Likes

Here’s the Ferrari interview.

3 Likes

That is great. Pics like this remind me I am the ‘old’ guy and asks who ‘does that for a photo?’ Either way, I am happy they are going to be Pokes.

3 Likes

Yeah they’re weirdos for sure.

3 Likes