Podcast Ep. 611: BYU Recap, Defense Crumbles in Provo

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/podcast-ep-611-byu-recap-defense-crumbles-in-provo/

Recapping a wild night in Provo.

@CarsonCunningham and Colby, if OU can fire it’s OC midseason (just announced this evening) for the offense’s poor performance, then Nardo can stripped of his DC play calling and let Joe Bob call it. Couldn’t be any worse.
I typed into a search engine what happens when a coach stays at a place for a long time and this was the AI generated answer:
increased stability and familiarity with the team, potentially leading to better performance, but also a risk of stagnation, complacency, and a decreased ability to adapt to changing dynamics within the sport or league, which could eventually lead to declining results if not managed well; ultimately, the impact depends on the coach’s ability to continuously evolve and adapt their strategies while maintaining a strong team culture.
I think this answer just described Gundy’s entire term as HC of OSU. Great podcast.

2 Likes

I agree with jarrod whole-heartedly! At a minimum, demote Nardo and give the DC duties to someone else. At a maximum, FIRE Nardo and give the DC duties to someone else, then push the AD to (at least) double the salary of the DC we lost to Ohio State in an attempt to get him back here to Oklahoma State!

Then, light a fire under Dunn’s ass and tell him that if he doesn’t keep up with the kind of play-calling he did vs. BYU that his ass is gone and then put up the money to steal an OC from the ACC or SEC that can actually do a good job!

1 Like

I think we could get Knowles back for a good price because those Ohio State fans are about done with him from what it seems.

1 Like

As I said on the pod, I thought Joe Bob did a good job as DC play-caller. I’m all for it.

1 Like

Rodney Fields will be playing as number one RB because Ollie looked banged up.
Owens is great, but our receivers have been covered by defenses.
Once again, Dunn can’t make adjustments to get receivers free.
Ford needs to be targeted more.
Forget this season. Work the guys who will play next season. Play Smith as QB.

2 Likes