Poll: Can Rudolph pass Weeden in OSU lore with his NFL career?

Except that Presley is fourth in receptions, seventh in receiving yards and outside the top 10 in receiving TDs.

Did Weeden ever make the playoffs? If not, Mason has already surpassed him in terms of the NFL. As far as time at Oklahoma State, Weeden will most likely always be #1.

I’ll say something crazy.

If BP had played his entire career here like he’s played the last 7-8 games, he’d be very close to, if not the, best ever here. Probably not Blackmon level but the dude was taking 1 yard catches with 4 defenders around him and turning them into 15-20 yard gains on almost every single play. Idk what it was but he really figured out the yards after catch big time the 2nd half of the year. No one could stop him. I hope he carries that into ‘24.

2 Likes

In my lifetime (or memory) here’s how I rank them at Oklahoma State:

1. Weeden
  2. Rudolph
  3. Sanders
  4. Robinson
  5. Chelf
  6. Walsh
  7. Cornelius
  8. Tony Linsey
  9. Donovan Woods
  10. Tony Jones
  11. Bobby Reid
  12. Chris Chaloupka
  13. Aso Pogi
  14. Garrett Rangel
  15. Daxx Garman
  16. Alex Peña
  17. Alex Cate

Can’t remember anymore. I would put Mike Gundy in the 5 to 6 range, I guess.

Bowman?

In between Corndog and Lindsey, I guess? But he beat OU, which only 2 of the 6 or so above him also did.

3 Likes

You missed Fields. Surely he belongs. Beat OU twice, once when they were good, then when they were mad. As far as I can tell there was only one other 2 time bedlam winner, Tony Lindsay.

4 Likes

This is gross Travis. I expect better from you! :wink: Mike Gundy is easily top 3 as QB at OkState!

1 Like

Ehhh, I love Mike as a coach, and he was a great QB, but Weeden, Rudy, Sanders, and Robinson were all better

2 Likes

You weren’t even born yet to watch Mike Gundy at QB :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I can read the record books though :wink::smiley:

1 Like

Ain’t the same!!! :laughing:

2 Likes

Mike Gundy is, at worst, No. 3.

-All-Big 8 1st team
-1988: No. 2 in the nation in passing, 65% completions
-Big 8 all-time leading passer.
-1988 led the nation in scoring offense 49 (!) points per game.
-717 yards of offense in one game.
-Held the record for most consecutive passes attempted without an interception at the start of a career by a freshman in Division 1 history with 138.

10 Likes

Big 8 offenses aren’t the same as Big 12 offenses. Not even close. Gundy is not top 3.

Football has evolved. Things were different in the late 1980s, so it is like comparing apples and oranges. But personally if I just considered individual QB talent/performance, Mike Gundy is easily top 3. Comparing record books is hard too because Spencer Sanders and Alan Bowman got a stupid number of extra snaps due to partial years of eligibility enabled by new redshirt rules and covid, which didn’t exist back in the Big 8 days.

2 Likes

Then why not make lists by era?

That’s the point. He did all that in weaker offensive times.

4 Likes

I’d argue he also had the best cast around him of any top QB. Not quite as hard for your WRs to get open when the greatest man to touch a football is always a threat to house it. Not saying he’s not worthy of consideration, I just don’t think it’s automatic.

1 Like

I watched the replay of Sanders last time playing the goons. What a ballgame. Dykes was a Blackmon easily Out of his mind with catches and Barry running the ball. Gundy was a good QB, he ran the offense well. Different era sure but Gundy , Sanders and Dykes that’s two elites with a good decision maker.

5 Likes

This whole discussion is what will keep us going during the off season. Please, no one back down on their takes, you are all correct, prove it.

6 Likes