Poll: Can Rudolph pass Weeden in OSU lore with his NFL career?

That’s the difference maker for me. #TeamWeeden.

Man Boynton and the B-ball team have beaten down the fan base so much that poor Marshall is having to breakout the mid-summer content early. Lol

6 Likes

Also Big Ben has less picks, more passing yards, better comp % than Marino, but I would still take Marino every time as my QB. Sometimes stats don’t tell the whole story.

1 Like

There are some off the field things at play here too. Ben is not a good dude.

That said, my dad is Adamant that Marino is one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game even though he never won a ring so I probably agree with you here.

2 Likes

But, if Mason ever had a defense the caliber of the 2021 defense, we would have won a natty

1 Like

Can’t ever seem to have it all.

5 Likes

I think Cornelius gets us to the CFP playoff with the 2021 defense.

6 Likes

Corndog was pretty good in hindsight

8 Likes

All Ray Finkle’s fault.

4 Likes

So since we can’t ever seem to keep our momentum, what’s the best 20 game stretch in OSU history? Is it late 2010-full 2011?

Because I kinda think it was full 2021- half 2022. We were ROLLING in 2022 all the way up until 2nd half of TCU. We were undefeated and literally demolishing a national title team on the road. If we finish that game how we started it, we’d be 6-0 and easily top 5, maybe higher. Then we lost that game, sanders got hurt, and it all came crashing down in an ugly way.

5 Likes

Weeden lost in Ames as a 27 point favorite.

Grabs popcorn

1 Like

Weeden had an absolute gun !! His throws were likd lazars He had Cooper , Blackmon, Tracy, plus a better line than Mason ever had. Plus he had coordinators that would step on your throat when they could
Mason just threw a different ball when he was here, he loved stretching a defense. I’ve watched Mason play his last three games for the Steelers , he’s throwing harder and more accurate.
Hell I love both of them

1 Like

Nah Weeden is better in OSU lore.

And, kind of like Mike Boynton, Rudolph gets a little extra boost for being like the nicest dude on the planet and alway repping the brand. I get that Weeden had the most important single season in OSU history (2011) with what his team accomplished. However, I too put Rudolph above Weeden as an individual QB based on his overall college + pro career.

1 Like

They kicked a game-winning FG that went in if we’re arguing Central Michigan.

5 Likes

By this same logic Brennan Presley is the greatest WR in school history.

2 Likes

If Mason Rudolph wins 2016 Bedlam we’re probably looking at a tie for first. That would’ve been 2 straight in Norman and that was a conference title game.

1 Like

2016 hurt. I was there too. Rain and cold was a big issue but Mason did not have a good day. Justice and Carson were tearing them apart before half and we were looking good. OU adjusted after half and we couldn’t move the ball.

1 Like

2017 would’ve worked for me too.

One of Gundy’s worst Bedlam performances, which is no small statement. Kneeling at midfield was a crime.

7 Likes