Poll of the Week: Which Season is More Disappointing?

A Top 5 Disappointing Seasons Under Gundy article would be interesting. just saying.

3 Likes

that could be any season after 2011. The problem is the starting 22 are good, then instead of next man up it’s who have we got left. We have a lack of talent beyond the starters, when Injuries happen and they always do the talent level drops off. And that’s all recruitment.

2 Likes

2017 could score. So, 2020 is more disappointing.

I love this poll, @marshall! It’s much needed! How about poll ideas from other posters? Here is mine to get it started: Does the Pokes men’s basketball team get to play in the NCAA’s this season?

1 Like

I’ll start assembling a list!

2 Likes

What about favorite player from the Gundy era as a poll?

2 Likes

I’m thinking favorite writer: KP or Marshall.

1 Like

No list would be complete without @dustinragusa24.

3 Likes

Marshall

Spud

1 Like

@dustinragusa24 is a :clown_face:

3 Likes

I go with 2020, but these are good points.

1 Like

I gotta go with 2020. This was the year we kept getting news that strengthened our standing until the Oline losses. I’d say at kickoff for the Tulsa game, we may have been co-favorites to win the conference. Kickoff at Texas we should have been favorites. Kickoff at OU we still had a great chance to make the CCG. A median offense from the past 15 years would have won us 1st place. And with the pieces we had in Tylan, Chuba, LD, Stoner, Wolf, Johnson, Woods, Jenkins, and Sills, this offense should have been nowhere near the median.

At least in 2017 we knew the defense was gonna struggle at times. Our offense kept up with almost everyone. Special teams have been a need since before 2017 and Gundy refuses to hire a coordinator. 2020 could have been a repeat of 2011 with the script flipped, offenses getting enough done and defenses shutting teams out. Maybe we make the playoffs and lose, maybe we get edged out and play a really good NY6 bowl. But coaching failed us, just like it did in 2017(TCU and KSU games, I’ll give Gundy credit for Bedlam). To me, the pain of 2017 was exacerbated this year because it was ANOTHER year we let slip away. When is the last time we played the final game of the season for the conference? 2016? 2013? That piled up this year because it was another chance for it to be our year, “our time”.

3 Likes