Possible rule change for the upcoming CFB season

This answer shows an interesting lack of empathy.

I think trying to relate your post schooling professional experience to that of 17 and 18 year olds who move hundreds or thousands of miles away from their support system for the first time in their lives is a pretty narrow sighted view of the situation.

Itā€™s probably us millennials fault to be honest. Weā€™re so soft and we need to be coddled. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

Everyone should be locked into a decision they made at 18 based on 5 48 hour trips and some phone calls for 5 years. It will undoubtedly be healthy for everyone.

1 Like

I may have been accused of that a time or two before. :wink:

Iā€™m not saying they canā€™t transfer. I just donā€™t like the free for all of automatic eligibility. Personally, I wouldnā€™t let anyone transfer without sitting out a year except for grad transfers. I do like that rule. Did your time, got your degreeā€¦if you are ready to go somewhere else, get after it.

I donā€™t know that I agree with you, but that is a much more reasonable take that it sounded at first. I want something uniform. Make everyone sit for a year or set 1 time free transfer. Anytime you let the NCAA start making decisions on a case by case basis, bad things happen.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t at all. I think itā€™s a horrible comparison. I was just answering a question that I was asked.

1 Like

That is absolutely correct. The Fields decision is the perfect example. If it was Joe Blow trying to transfer to Tulsa, that waiver would have been denied in a heartbeat.

I donā€™t agree with that statement.

We know Scott, youā€™re the little spoon at home.

It makes me feel safe ok?

2 Likes

LOL, it makes you feel something. I am sure of that

Hey, letā€™s not knock little spooning. Even though itā€™s been aā€¦decade-ish, thereā€™s no shame in being either the cuddler or the cuddlee. Real men let themselves be taken care of.

If you want uniformity then the no sit rule should apply to all ncaa sanctioned sports. Currently only 5 or 6 sports donā€™t allow you to play when you transfer and you can probably guess itā€™s the revenue sports.

I think that is where I land. Thatā€™s why I am for the rule as mentioned up top. But everyone having to sit would be an improvement to the current system in my opinion.

1 Like