Post-Bedlam Q&A

I think Bedlam brings out the worst in both fan bases honestly… Yes there was some extremely annoying fans from both sides really. I had some uo fans sitting in front of me and they were not bad at all. I enjoyed discussing the game with them. They thought it was funny when I asked if the uo band took requests since they keep playing that same song over and over. Was hoping they could play Roxanne or even Old Town Road just to break it up a bit.

I wasn’t there Saturday, but I was in 2017, and there was a scrawny college aged guy rooting for OU (he didn’t actually attend OU, are we shocked?), and from even before kickoff he kept yelling about how he didn’t really know football but he knew OSU was s***. This continued for quite a while until a bigger guy in our section got in his face and told him to put up or shut up, so yeah, I know exactly what you were going through

I would agree that Bedlam brings out the worst in everyone. I know I get fired up more about this game than others. The most annoying person in my section was actually an OSU fan that was very intoxicated. He started harassing everyone around him, didn’t matter what team they were rooting for.

There were a few OU fans in my section, but they were all pretty nice. In 2017 I dealt with some not so nice ones though, but hey, every fanbase has those fans that are embarrassing/annoying.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that in general, the people who actually attended OU are not as obnoxious as the ones who have no association to OU whatsoever. That’s been my experience anyway.

10 Likes

I love this. We can just will the outcome we want into existence!

Attach17254_20180430_112334

1 Like

325?

Gundy gets political. That’s the difference.

1 Like

It wasn’t that bad in my section. 2015 was really bad, 2017 to an extent. I have had way worse experiences in Norman.

I would really be interested to know the amount of support / lack of support Gundy has by age and by political leaning. From reading posts here, I think there is a pretty strong correlation. Not trying to start any arguments here, just curious. I am also curious if the support levels for other coaches in the country have similar profiles (I doubt they do).

I don’t think that has as much to do with it as the target is just always moving. I legit just fended off, like, five different “well it’s because Gundy…” arguments and then it turns to politics… which I haven’t really heard, but whatever. It’s not worth the energy anymore.

1 Like

I’m in my 30’s and a registered Independent.

Last years rants turned me off. I still like aspects of Gundy but he’s not really somebody I care too much about personality wise.

I am a Dem, but that has absolutely nothing to do with my disdain for Gundy.

It has EVERYTHING to do with a lack of attention to the defensive side of the ball for so long.

This was actually the best it’s been in my section since 2013 for a Bedlam game. No Sooner fans around. The two games before this one (2015 and 2017), I was in that same boat. Seething mad. A dumber set of fans I can’t imagine.

1 Like

My tickets didn’t sell so I did my part. Kept them priced too high for the fry cooks.

1 Like

Haha I appreciate your efforts to keep the riffraff out.

This may have been discussed in here and I missed it, but are we just going to gloss over the fact that Gundy gave away the plan to stop OU by focusing on Hurts. I don’t think it’s a coincidence he carried fewer times in this game than he had in most others.

With the season that he was having, do you seriously think that every other team that played OU wasn’t “focusing on Hurts?” Gundy didn’t give away anything that every coach that played them wasn’t doing. When Hurts was either running or throwing on like 75% of their plays, of course everyone is going to focus on him. Not like it was some super-secret key to success and that we were brilliantly gong to come up with something that nobody else did. After our first couple of games, you think every other team wasn’t focusing on Sanders?

1 Like

Hurts had been running the ball at a higher volume in the 2 games prior to bedlam game. Why open your mouth about acknowledging his workload prior to playing. That should be a post game conversation.

1 Like

I agree with @EdmondPoke here. Hurts ran the ball less, yes. But it was because their running backs were gashing us over and over. He didn’t need to run it. It wasn’t an effort by LR and Hurts to “show Gundy” or whatever. Gundy saying “hey guys look Jalen runs a lot” didn’t have a bearing on the game plan as everyone knows he ran a lot.