Post-Bedlam Q&A

Did Gundy “earn” his extension this year?

Do you think it’s more likely Gundy will do what Chris Petersen did and resign abruptly or have a long slow decline?

Rate the OSU job vs the rest of the Big 12.

Not saying it’s a bad take, but that means one of two things. One, he plays four games in their entirety and we almost certainly do not get bowl-eligible and he (along with the other younger players that are playing and contributing this year) would not have gotten that extra month of bowl practices. Or two, he plays only in mop-up duty, of which the value seems debatable at best.

2 Likes

Was he really bad to start the year? FYI oSu had (3) new comer of the year awards this year between Sanders and Brown. Jalen Hurts had (3) as well for OU for perspective.

STILLWATER – Oklahoma State quarterback Spencer Sanders earned the Big 12 Newcomer of the Week award after his second straight game with more than 300 total yards.

Sanders threw for 250 yards and three touchdowns and rushed for 51 in a 56-14 win over McNeese State in the Cowboys’ home opener Saturday night.

Sanders exited for the night after a 75-yard touchdown pass to Tylan Wallace on the first play of the third quarter.

Through his first two career games, Sanders has thrown for 453 yards and rushed for 160.

It very rarely happens, but Oklahoma State came close, in part due to the fact there were only three games in the Big 12 Conference this past weekend and because three Oklahoma State Cowboys put up outstanding performances in the team’s 34-27 win over TCU, but the Cowboys took three of the four weekly Big 12 honors in football.

Oklahoma State running back Chuba Hubbard was tabbed Offensive Player of the Week, while Cowboy linebacker Kolby Harvell-Peel earned Defensive Player of the Week. The Pokes redshirt freshman quarterback Spencer Sanders garnered Newcomer of the Week.

2019 BIG 12 FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK – WEEK 10 AWARDS

Offensive Player of the Week
Chuba Hubbard, RB, R-So., Oklahoma State

Defensive Player of the Week
Kolby Harvell-Peel, S, So., Oklahoma State

Special Teams Players of the Week
Bravvion Roy, DT, Sr., Baylor

Newcomer of the Week
Spencer Sanders, QB, R-Fr., Oklahoma State

I would like some input on how oSu is going to use the transfer portal to find recruits. I don’t mind the transfer portal as a fan and feel it is long overdue for the players. Programs that treat players well should benefit overall IMO and programs that deceive will be held accountable. College is such a big decision and sometimes what seems like a good fit isn’t.

1 Like

Why do people think a 2-13 record against your in-state rival is acceptable? Is this the college football version of Stockholm Syndrome?

1 Like

Can someone provide an example of someone who is happy about the Bedlam record?

I don’t think a single person thinks it’s acceptable. The problem is what are we going to do about it? We have 2 options, win and not win, yet we always choose lose; let’s just choose to win from now on, problem solved! /s

2 Likes

I didn’t say happy though, I said acceptable.

New coach. Why not? Sometimes it’s worth the risk to improve.

What are the expectations that should be stated for the next coach? How many wins overall must be be better than Gundy to keep his job?

2 Likes

Not sure. Why do people make up narratives that are completely false? I literally have not talked to one OSU fan or seen one comment on any OSU board that indicates that anyone thinks 2-13 is acceptable. In fact, it’s just the opposite. Everyone is sick of it and think it’s totally UN-acceptable.

1 Like

Kyle, I would be interested in a story about how Clemson has gotten better at recruiting since Dabo took over. I know you and others use this as an example of what OSU could do and become. I am coming to agree with this but my question is how did Dabo do it? Is it something that OSU can really do without a major increase in money?

2-13 should put him on the hot seat. And from everything I’ve read that’s not the case.

I’d like to know how Georgia is doing since Kirby Smart took over.

1 Like

Or LSU since Les was fired.

I’ve seen significant concern that they traded Mark Richt for new Mark Richt. Hopefully we do as well when y’all get your wish.

3 Likes

Georgia is simple, they spend more on recruiting than any other school and it is not even close. Frankly they spend way more than we could possibly dedicate toward recruiting without some new major donors. LSU also has some built in advantages that we will never have. Clemson though not as much and Dabo has made their recruiting great anyway.

Here’s the question… How many virgins do we need to sacrifice to turn our bedlam woes around?

3 Likes

If he goes 4-8 but is now 3-13 in bedlam, more or less of a hot seat?

Well, by “people”, I assumed you meant “fans”. If so, I’m pretty sure it’s not the fans that put coaches on the “hot seat.” That would be the AD. You think Holder is going to put out a press release stating that Gundy is officially on the hot seat? I’m not saying he is, but I think you are over-stating the complacency of the overall OSU fandom for sure and, for all we know, the complacency of the administration and big money supporters.