Post-Bedlam Q&A

Yeah, I said that while walking a very fine line. :face_with_monocle:

So Nick Saban is a petulant child when he talks about “rat poison”? Or Gary Patterson or Urban Meyer or Chris Petersen or any number of other coaches who have openly stated how stupid the nameless critics are?

I’m sorry… but hating on Gundy for his stance on social media and then defending a coach that equally hates it is ridiculous and indicative of your feeling towards Gundy… which is that he just doesn’t win enough, so let’s find what else we can criticize.

1 Like

Geez were you clamoring for us to hire Justin Fuente too? Has that worked out for Virginia Tech?

Uh, no…? Justin Fuente is bad.

Norvell has good schemes, though. That’s what I’m saying. They remind me of Monken/Holgy stuff.

How many good coaches are there at the P5 level? Fuente is at worst, decent.

Another interesting part to the story is that the person that really got Clemson going happens to be the same guy that got OSU going. AD Terry Don Phillips. Wonder what would have happened to us if he did not leave after his messy divorce.

1 Like

I was not in OK when he left, but I heard he was a fund raising beast. I think our athletic department needs to focus on packaging our product, and trying to pull in non-alums as fans/contributors. I think TD Phillips moved into the garden of eden with the right skills.

Lol your avatar

2 Likes

Did anyone else have a terrible experience in BP on Saturday night due to obnoxious, arrogant, disruptive, cretins (some of the crimson and creme’s finest)? This is only my second bedlam game in modern times and I came about as close to getting into a fight as I have been since my college days.

1 Like

Only thing I heard from an OU fan that annoyed me was “Tylan Wallace is a CeeDee Lamb wannabe”

And of course “bOoMeR” but that’s a given.

1 Like

I got on for you @kyleporterCBS and its a fire take.

Would OU winning a national title this year ultimately help osu because the perception of the big 12 would be increased?

Mississippi State has the #21 2020 class because SEC SEC SEC SEC.
OSU had the #18 class in 2006 (sure Gundy was young and crooting is for the young) but the big 12 was viewed in 2006 as the #1 conference.

3 Likes

I’ve had the exact same thought. I think it does.

I think Bedlam brings out the worst in both fan bases honestly… Yes there was some extremely annoying fans from both sides really. I had some uo fans sitting in front of me and they were not bad at all. I enjoyed discussing the game with them. They thought it was funny when I asked if the uo band took requests since they keep playing that same song over and over. Was hoping they could play Roxanne or even Old Town Road just to break it up a bit.

I wasn’t there Saturday, but I was in 2017, and there was a scrawny college aged guy rooting for OU (he didn’t actually attend OU, are we shocked?), and from even before kickoff he kept yelling about how he didn’t really know football but he knew OSU was s***. This continued for quite a while until a bigger guy in our section got in his face and told him to put up or shut up, so yeah, I know exactly what you were going through

I would agree that Bedlam brings out the worst in everyone. I know I get fired up more about this game than others. The most annoying person in my section was actually an OSU fan that was very intoxicated. He started harassing everyone around him, didn’t matter what team they were rooting for.

There were a few OU fans in my section, but they were all pretty nice. In 2017 I dealt with some not so nice ones though, but hey, every fanbase has those fans that are embarrassing/annoying.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that in general, the people who actually attended OU are not as obnoxious as the ones who have no association to OU whatsoever. That’s been my experience anyway.

10 Likes

I love this. We can just will the outcome we want into existence!

Attach17254_20180430_112334

1 Like

325?

Gundy gets political. That’s the difference.

1 Like

It wasn’t that bad in my section. 2015 was really bad, 2017 to an extent. I have had way worse experiences in Norman.