Predictions for OSU's Conference-Opener vs. Kansas State

It’s going to be a defense and field position game so whoever doesn’t turn the ball over and make mistakes that sets the other team up with a short field. OSU should win but Sanders played pretty clean against Boise, history says two games in a row of no turnovers is unlikely.

2 Likes

Hands of stone. How he ever got over a hundred yards receiving beats me. Plus I’ve seen more than once him completely whiff on blocks.

Maybe he finally got a coach who helped him have soft hands and block correctly.

Maybe u will be smart enough to do real work jug

1 Like

I watched him miss some catches too. But I never thought he had stone hands. I can’t really remember if he was a great blocker or not. But everybody will whiff a couple of times if they play enough snaps. It happens. Hitting over 100 yards had more to do with where he was at on the field when he made the catch as opposed to yards after the catch.

Then u throw in Sanders not hitting when he open.
Those to factors are not on gundy.
Actually gundy got him to a position that he will be a nfl player.

1 Like

Beside the 1 game he hasn’t done anything.
Had 5 yards in the first. The 3rd game was against a relax defense late, because Virginia was getting their ess kicked so bad. That was only 4 catch.

1 Like

He’s doing well at Virginia so… This game is a toss up like the rest on our schedule except 2. One things for sure we won’t be climbing anywhere fast in the ap poll with these close games we win so a win is a win yes, but it’s more than “just win baby”. You have to dominate games that you should and that is never going to change. Gundy doesn’t talk about this because as long as he wins by one he pads his all time winning record as a coach at Oklahoma state and that’s really all he cares about. One of the reasons Mike needs to turn over the rains.

2 Likes

Great question. Kinda weird that there has been zero reporting on this…

I know he needs to be like riley. Did u see how he took Tulane and Nebraska to the wood shed. I still dnt know why people are jumping ahead ou the the ap.

1 Like

I still don’t know why people are ahead of us in the polls that have losses. That’s my point. A brand like us needs to do more on the scoreboard to not give the reasons to hold us down. We are giving them reasons with the style of play we run. Don’t say it’s because we are short handed because Mike has been running this scheme for about 5 years now even when we had Chuba, Tylan, ext.

2 Likes

It’s the first year Reilly’s team hasn’t scored a lot in games, but Mike on the other hand it’s not the same thing.

I understand why we are where we are in the polls.
The teams we played haven’t done anything.
R offense is ran by necessity not want.
We started the year with 3 new starters on the line, new te, backup qb, and one starting reciever. Then have gone down hill from there.

1 Like

But, we ran this when we had a full crew in chuba, tylan, sanders, and all tight end avalible I you rember? It’s the scheme that Mike runs now. Yes we would throw more fades if we had more receivers available but it’s not an offense to put a lot of points on the board hints why we haven’t blown the doors off of any body in years.

2 Likes

It’s weird how we had no problems in 2018.
2019 was down to Sanders. First just being new then getting hurt. Brown was nice but Sanders was better. I know it’s hard to say.
2019 was tge start of injuries, alot. Including Sanders.
This year its new players and injuries. It’s execution off the play. U got guys that are in different spots new players. It’s not a couple. That effects execution.
U can blame it on Gundy’s system. But, what I have seen their not running Gundy’s system. One clue is their huddling.

1 Like

This offense reminds me of the 2018 defense.
Blown coverages poeple out of place. Now Knowles having the last 2 years with seniors and super seniors is a god.

Some men want to watch the world burn

2 Likes

5 years? corn dog threw for 3000+ in 2018. He threw for 500 vs ou. It just seems like 5 years ago because the pandemic.

1 Like

He was a tad bit under 4000.
And those guys can say how many years they want its still just one starting qb removed.

I’m not talking about yards. I’m talking about running 50 runs and 50 throws. I’m talking about huddling and instead of no huddle. I’m talking about throwing 98% fads instead of using the whole field. Why do people bang their head against wall because we continue to run up the middle even tho they stuff us every time? It’s because it’s uses up clock and allows are defense to rest and this is mikes scheme. It will not blow anybody out and creates close games unless we get acouple defenseive touchdowns or special teams touchdowns. It’s just a fact.

2 Likes