Projecting OSU Football's Offensive Depth Chart Heading into Spring

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/projecting-osu-footballs-offensive-depth-chart-heading-into-spring/

OSU loses some stars but still has an experienced team returning in 2021.

1 Like

Didnt see gunnar on there. Recievers have depth not alot of experience. Oline has both.
It’s all good. Still up to qb.

1 Like

Yes please put Gunnar ahead of Bullock… Put Brennan Presley as QB and we’ll run the triple option if we have too but don’t let bullock play please.

Imo this year’s team with a better OL does better then last year’s even with a loss at WR

1 Like

It should yes. Most of the time you can find guys to catch the ball but if you’re running for your life it doesn’t matter who’s catching the ball. Just look at the super bowl.

2 Likes

I think Gunner battles Bullock for 3rd string. I think their needs to be a open QB battle between Sanders,& Shane push them both to make them stronger going into fall camp. Shane showed promise,& Sanders was good in the bowl game but a turnover machine the rest of the season

Osu is always been good at WR,& will be no different going into this season look at the bowl game for an example. QB is what worries me with all the turnovers Sanders does. Their needs to be an open Competition at QB 1 for Spring push them to get better

I know Gundy has said things but. Gundy is going to put the best qb out there.
Shane has up side expectedly with a better line.
I just wonder if Sanders has small hands.

Think the offense improves with Walsh on the sidelines helping out Dunn?

1 Like

Walsh mite help Sanders too.

1 Like

I completely agree. In my personal opinion I think Illingsworth is better than Sanders. Especially for Gundy’s offense, he needs an accurate distributer of the ball, not Sanders trying to play hero ball.

2 Likes

So you think we might be able to get 3rd?

KB, note regarding eligibility: every player remains in the same class as they were in 2020. Dominic Richardson was a true freshman and will still be a true freshman in 2021. In this article you kept any returning senior as senior but bumped everyone else up a class, while none of them exhausted any season’s worth of eligibility.

Not much to dispute here. Spencer was the starter when healthy and likely the day one starter come fall. — Oh, plenty oSu fans will dispute all season long, LOL.

1 Like

That’s not saying much. Whoever scouted Bullock and thought he deserved a scholly should stop! I don’t get how he beat out the walk-on for QB3. As far as Gunnar, he should taken the offer from Eastern Michigan.

Absolutely. The offensive line injuries severely lowered our ceiling last year. I’m getting a little pumped looking at this year’s unit and depth.

1 Like

I tend to agree, but would like to see Sanders with a healthy offensive line and two years under the same offensive coordinator. I think he deserves that much.

1 Like

Odd photo to use to accompany story – focused on back-up QB.

1 Like