Random OSU Thoughts

As soon as it starts losing money they’ll bail. Aubrey is counting his money in Argentina. Natural gas prices are still in the toilet.

I guess Clay Bennett has some experience running a failing, money losing operation with his time at OU though.

The economics of the nba make that pretty much impossible.

Plus despite them being terrible there still isn’t a better option Friday night mid February

Ehh. It’s a fourth tier city with a population that doesn’t handle losing well at all. Attendance and viewership will dip and the NBA will be quick to push them to correct or move. Especially with the way they ignored the desires of the NBA when they moved in the first place.

1 Like

Ok. Ping me in 10 years when they’re still in okc doing well.

3 Likes

Is osu closer to Michigan or OU offensively? Pretty stark difference in the way they use CeeDee lamb versus the way we use chuba

Heisman candidate Hurts on Pace to have as many turnovers as Sanders did.

Mich OSU is going to run Chuba into the ground come game 9.

Ha. Will do.

It sounds diminutive, it’s certainly not respectful. I could go on, with these. Sounds effeminate and/or childish.

It’s my least favorite. I’d rather Ok State be confused with Oregon State or Ohio State than called Okie.

1 Like

This thread is called Random OSU Thoughts. Here’s the most random one ever, courtesy of my 11-year-old daughter.

Yesterday, apropos of absolutely nothing (we weren’t even talking about OSU football at the time), she said, “hey daddy, if Amen Ogbongbemiga had a dog, it would be Og-DOG-bemiga!”

[She does not ever watch OSU football or any other football. But she does humor her old man while I talk my way through my OSU-related anxiety, particularly on long car trips. She has taken a liking to AO because of his name.]

11 Likes

When I read the comments on PFB posts on Facebook, my contempt for Oklahoma State fans grows.

1 Like

Yuuup. OU fans are the worst, but OSU fans are the wooorst in a different way.

How so?

Thatpost was I response to the Taylor Cornelius draft news that had comments such as “well that team is destined to suck” and “wow can’t believe he was drafted he is awful.”

Now there are a lot of comments about Sanders. A lot of wrestling posts have the “nobody cares if it’s not football” comments.

As I’ve mentioned before, some of the things yelled at our own players from our fans in the first few rows behind the bench is just unacceptable.

It’s a trend and it frustrates me a lot.

2 Likes

Pretty good sized tornado went just north of me. Y’all good up there in north Dallas county @kyleporterCBS?

Was terrifying but yeah, all good.

2 Likes

OrangePower’s politics board is a hot bed for conspiracy theorists and I can’t get enough of it.

5 Likes

That site is awful.

2 Likes

My thought of the day is…what’s the closest seat that I’ll get using this mobile pass for basketball? Are they giving me lower level for scrub teams?!

The politics board on that site really pushed me down the “I want nothing to do with OSU fans” road. There are some serious nuts, and it’s not just because my politics and beliefs are different… I think there might be some regular posters on that board who, in all seriousness, need professional psychological support.

This board is renewing my faith a bit, but it’s early.

4 Likes