Random OSU Thoughts

Yeah I misinterpreted on first read. Thanks for that banner society piece. If I ever need one, I’m hiring Nanni to be my attorney.

I’m listening to some old Flowrestling Radio podcasts and the one about Nick Suriano’s transfer from Penn State to Rutgers came on. Suriano wasn’t penalized for the very wheels off transfer process and this past season should’ve been his last… But instead he’s taking an Olympic redshirt, which his eligibility for is questionable at best, and will get another shot in 2021.

It reminded me a lot of the Baker Mayfield situation… Baker’s Heisman season should’ve never happened. It’s amazing to me how some programs will just whine and complain to get the rules broken in their favor.

3 Likes

Suriano is taking a regular redshirt, but calling it an Olympic one because it sounds cooler.

Genuinely cannot stand that guy… and not just because of what happened at NCAAs.

How good would this be?!

How fast would Texas A&M, Auburn, Michigan, and Nebraska leave their respective conferences and go independent in search of a national title?

I choose these programs because they are consistently the most desperate for relevance… who else fits that mold? Missouri? Baylor?

My guess is that a lot teams would seek to redefine conference membership as closer to what Notre Dame has with the ACC. Michigan is more valuable as part of the Big 10 for media rights, but no doubt would like a somewhat different schedule.

It would be a race to shatter conferences and schedule the weakest teams possible.

I think the Aggies and Mizzou are absolutely willing to burn everything else to the ground to sniff a football title.

I mean… Mizzou thought that they could stay in the Big 12 for wrestling… And they’re still butthurt that they weren’t able to.

I wish they would have been able to as well. Isn’t like wrestling had anything to do with the decision.

I really have no idea what the mood of the Mizzou administration is, but they basically lost a quarter of their fanbase in 2015, so there are relatively few fans around to care today.

Getting commercial service to Stillwater was huge and extremely underrated. I travel a lot for business and try to use it when it makes sense just to support it.

Stillwater isn’t 4 hours from Dallas. It’s 46 mins.

3 Likes

Missouri lost 25% of their fans in 2015? Permanently?

Seems that way. Thats when their attendance plummeted and it hasn’t come back as yet. And I’d imagine once you get out of the habit of buying season tickets and going to games it’s hard to pick back up.

2 Likes

That’s really really interesting. Thanks for posting.

This is something that legitimately concerns me about OSU. It’s a slippery slope once fan support starts dwindling. Basketball is a perfect example… And the excuses flow in when fans get called out for not getting to basketball games… The truth is I don’t think GIA will ever be back to what it was.

Thunder being down for at least the next few years will help

1 Like

Well yeah when they move back to Seattle will be a big help for sure.

1 Like

Thunder moving would be even better.

1 Like

Indeed.

Yeah I’m sure a team owned by the who’s who in Oklahoma will move it back to Seattle.