Reader Question: Which Last Season Senior Would You Add to This OSU Team?

Your opinion is worthless. You’re nobody who has probably done nothing but complain. Probably never held a real job or a woman’s hand.

1 Like

Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning? :clown_face:

I’m just tired of seeing “fans” so casually basically say that players are worthless. Someone who never attended a practice or been in locker room, but they know who a leader is and isn’t is such BS.

2 Likes

See what u guys do to real fans. The ones who enjoy the hard work of players. Not want to hear naysayers crying all the time. Go a head and eat those cheerios

A real fan would also want the football team to keep progressing and not regressing but you seem perfectly content with regression.

So I guess u need to learn what regress mean then put it in a time frame that it works in. Because in the last 3 years the team is progressing. Ur maybe ou troll dnt have to comprehend word just spit words out and hope no one knows ur trying to be a big boy with big words.
Be a good fan logan not a joe troll

@travis5266

So you have never been so disappointed in a group of seniors like you were last season with Lindy, Cam, and Thomas because of their on-court leadership, but you’re praising them for being ambassadors and leaders off the court and classroom? They just stop being effective leaders when it’s game time? C’mon man.

Does not add up, still lacking

1 Like

Let me boil it down like this: Those 3 never impacted a team that made a deep NCAA tourney run. They were the last class recruited by Travis Ford. I simply don’t want anyone on this team with any ties to that era. It was a horrible time for Ok State basketball. One I don’t want to revisit by bringing back one of those guys to today’s team. That’s all. It’d be like asking, “Do you want to add someone from the 05 football squad to help next year’s team?” Nope. That 05 squad went 4-7 and didn’t make a bowl.

Did you ever consider that they just plain did not have enough talent to win more games?
Dizzy as great a shooter as he is, was one dimensional. Waters was playing point guard, when he was more a shooting guard. Cam was in a crowded middle at 6’6”.
It’s fans expectations that become unrealistic. You say when did bedlam become the measuring stick in BB? OSU is -30 career vs Ou. Fans dream about NCs and Final Fours and we can’t even beat the Sooners consistently for state dominance. Ultimately you dismiss these players because they did not win enough games to sate your eternal appetite. They’re just 20 year olds. Would you criticize them that way if they were your kids?

Nor did they leave and transfer from your beloved Oklahoma State University when sh!t got hard and adversity hit them from all angles for multiple seasons, if not their entire college career. They stayed committed to laying the foundation and worked their @ss off and remained loyal and true to Oklahoma State.

2 Likes

I can agree with every bit of this and still not want them on this year’s team. Two things can be true at the same time. Those 3 as seniors literally gave Boynton the stopgap he desperately needed at that point to get it rolling. Those 3 may have laid the foundation. They also were hopefully the very last 3 connected to a time where there were no expectations for this program in March. Im so excited for what Boynton is building. But I look at Ice, Avery, Rondel and Kalib as the floundation. Not Dziagwa, Lindy, and Cam.

1 Like

Jr year Lindy was nice. Too bad he regressed for his sr year.

Yeah, he wasn’t as good his senior year. Probably because he was forced to play point guard. And injured for parts of it too.

1 Like

Probably was burnt out too. He could’ve gone pro over seas but chose not to

I’m sure sutton would have done things differently with these three

Which former Sutton players would you compare them to?

Because of the way basketball is set up with 64-68 teams in the tourney, sweeping or even splitting with the Goons isn’t a precursor to a deep run in March. It helps seeding, but doesn’t exclude you from the tourney. 04 swept them. 95 didn’t. We are -30 in the series, but have a much stronger program history in hoops than them. Being in-State dominant doesn’t guarantee more success in March. KU is the measuring stick in men’s hoops in this conference, not the Goons.

To your next point, I’m tough on my own son when need be. He’s 10 and competes in 3 different sports. I let him know when his effort isn’t where it needs to be on the court. Or when he misses a block on the o-line, or when he swings at a really high pitch in baseball. My expectations for him are high because I believe he’s capable of reaching them. When he does very well, I’m the first to praise him and will scream it from the rooftops when he has a great block, or makes a steal, or catches a pop-up at first base.

What’s wrong with high expectations? Sometimes, I’m unrealistic and I need to improve on that. But I don’t think that it’s healthy to accept mediocrity.

I’m comparing sutton to boynton.
Ever player has a part to play.
To many of these players have stayed the same or gotten worse.
Its nice to have cade this year and let him run the show. Next year we will see if he has progressed any.

Good points here.
As strong as OSU is in basketball it’s not really where it should be. Of the former B8 teams OSU is 1-5-1 in series standings(OU is 5-2) We lead Colorado, are tied with Iowa St and have losing series records to The rest including Nebraska. -15 in the series vs the Cornhuskers! Our fans want to go to Final Fours, but we can’t even beat Nebraska consistently. Obviously we don’t play Nebraska anymore, but it does show an aptitude for losing. The reality of OSU BB is that they have had 2 HOF coaches and everybody else is mediocre or worse overall. Sure they have their moments. If Leonard Hamilton would have stayed he probably would have won a bunch of games in Stilly. Obviously the Jayhawks are the juggernaut of the B12.
Being in state dominant means we can sign the #1 kid in OK. Holding off OU and hopefully KU.
See in my remarks I am concerned about the program as a whole, but I don’t complain about players leadership.
In regard to high expectations: it is fine to set high goals but to criticize players leadership who have tried their best is simply unjust.

-15 vs Nebraska is a shocking stat! I would not have guessed that at all! Good points. I am probably unfairly critical. And yes, beating the Goons helps us get the number one player in Ok. Helps hold off KU too. If we can make a run in the tourney, that will help recruiting also.

1 Like