Real Talk

If you’re not excited about this football season, are you going to watch? If you are, why? Why are you hate watching?

Me, I’m stoked. I have a good feeling about this season kind of like I did last season. It can’t get here soon enough. Anything could happen, but something tells me we’ve got the goods. Better than 2017 where I was trying to convince myself the hype was real.

5 Likes

In all honesty, I keep my expectations tempered. I’ve been burned too many times when I’ve gotten hyped. I look forward to this season and hope it’s a good one.

3 Likes

Well, that’s fine. I just don’t get the people who go in fully believing we’re going to suck, are mad about it, and then watch every game. I think we’re going to be good. Doesn’t mean it’ll work out.

2 Likes

Well, those types of folks watch so they can say “I told you so” if things go south. People love to be right and tell others about it.

1 Like

@jarrod @jake4

Dont let those yahoos bug you. They would be happy if gundy didnt win a game.

Our front 4 is bigger and better. That will make our defense again. Knock on would we stay health. It will be a good year with things falling rite a great year.

Go pokes to Arlington

2 Likes

I just turned 40 and bought my first home…I fully expect us to win a Natty. It just makes sense. This is my year. This is our year. Go Pokes!

6 Likes

You did say you were a man​:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

Doesn’t bother me in the slightest. People have the right to their opinions and that’s all it is.

1 Like

Congrats on buying your first home.

2 Likes

The 3 stooges i love. I poke them to see what nonsense they will type. :innocent::innocent::innocent::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::rofl::rofl::rofl::hugs::hugs::exploding_head::exploding_head::partying_face::partying_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Yeah, but they’re not even happy or relieved that they’re wrong. If my team tripled my expected win total, I’d be ecstatic, but they just get more bitter.

2 Likes

I like your logic. It does make sense. Do you think we have to go undefeated for a shot at the playoff or do you think we can lose one game and still get there?

I think most of us a stoked. Its hard not to be in my opinion. That said, there are just so many variables. Is the O-line going to gel? Are the young RBs going to be able to get it done? Will the defense pick up where they left off now that we have a new DC? Will we stay injury free in the key positions?

We definitely have “the goods” as you say and I expect at least another 10 win season. I just hope that it is a conference championship season.

1 Like

I was going to say we have no chance without going undefeated, but thinking about it more, I’d say it’s probably 50/50 if we won the conference with 1 loss depending on how the landscape plays out in the other conferences.

Georgia or Bama with 1 loss, surprise SEC winner, Ohio State or Michigan win Big 10 with one loss or fewer, Clemson wins ACC with 1 loss or fewer, Pac 12 winner undefeated, Notre Dame undefeated. That’s who is ahead of us with 1 loss. It seems dumb that I can guarantee that without knowing anything else about the season, but I think we all know it’s true.

With 1 loss, we’re ahead of probably a 1 loss Pac-12 winner, a 1 loss non-Clemson ACC winner, anyone with two losses, a 1 loss Notre Dame, a 1 loss non-champ SEC team that isn’t Georgia or Bama (toss up with LSU), a 1 loss G5 champion, an undefeated G5 champion without a statement P5 win, a 1 loss non-champ Michigan probably a toss-up with a 1 loss non-champ Ohio State.

2 Likes

Undefeated. Leave no doubt. We can’t give the committee a single solitary reason to keep us out. Cause I promise they will look for ANY reason. We don’t get the benefit of the doubt like Goon or Bama or Ohio State.

2 Likes

Yes, we’re a lock to get in if we go undefeated UNLESS Clemson, Bama, Ohio State, and USC all went undefeated, but that won’t happen.

See @jake4 !! I love reading your enthusiasm for the season. College football fans full of piss & vinegar is what it’s all about. And you speak about the demise of college football……it ain’t going anywhere brotha!!

A 1-loss OSU won’t be ahead of a “a 1 loss non-champ SEC team that isn’t Georgia or Bama (toss up with LSU)”. The only way you’d have a 1-loss non-champ would be if that team was undefeated and lost in the SEC champ game. That 1-loss SEC runner up will have a resume far better than a 1-loss OSU. Go pick any SEC team you want & give them a 12-1 record with the only loss coming in the SEC title game. That resume will have a win over Bama or Georgia on it.

No, if A&M’s only loss were to Alabama and Alabama were undefeated (or 1 loss and would have the h2h tiebreaker), A&M would have 1 loss and not be in the title game. They’re not in Georgia’s division, so may not have played them at all. I guess if A&M beat Bama and lost to Georgia in the title game, there’d probably be a debate, but I think a 1 loss OSU champion probably should win out over them, but it might be a toss-up situation.

2 Likes

The only problem i see is thise teams have one lose. We fine.:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::rofl::rofl::rofl::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like