Recap: Oklahoma State Holds Off Texas Tech 71-68 Thanks to a Buzzer-Beating Putback

Originally published at: Recap: Oklahoma State Holds Off Texas Tech 71-68 Thanks to a Buzzer-Beating Putback | Pistols Firing

A win is a win.

Need to grab 1 of the next 2 and I’ll be feeling real good about the tournament. Probably will lose in Ames but I feel good about getting KU in GIA. Students need to show the hell up the crowd tonight was bad.

3 Likes

Thats the last freebie. Wevt Virginia just beat baylor in Morgantown. Tech will be tuff at Lubbock. Think we beat ku because a month ago we looked good in Lawrence is a pipe dream.
We can do it but itll be ugly

1 Like

Oof… Just win baby??? Better get used to the Boone double team. That’s all he’ll see going forward.

2 Likes

Don’t forget about the big 12 tournament.

We in

Better to be lucky than good sometimes.

3 Likes

I live by that

2 Likes

No kidding!! Thompson was red hot the first half, but cold as ice in the second and it was readily apparent, yet coach was still calling his number on set plays. He was playing hard, but didn’t need to be overutilized in the second half after going cold.

Secondly, we have to be one of very few teams whose roster OVER 6’5" shoots free throws better than those UNDER 6’5"!!! This game shouldn’t have been close. 80% from the line and it is a double digit win. Can Cisse and Boone please teach the guards to shoot free throws!! hehehe

GO POKES!! :cowboy_hat_face: :basketball: :cowboy_hat_face: :basketball: :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

:joy: I think we all do at some point in our lives.

1 Like

When it comes to basketball, nothing gets my blood boiling more than missing a free throw. It’s in the name. FREE!! You’re right in front of the basket and it’s uncontested! No excuse for missing the shot.

3 Likes

I can appreciate that. I settle for 80% from the line, 40% from the field, including 3 pointers. An offensive rebound for every turnover, so you average at least one shot per possession…

Fall short of those benchmarks in a game, gassers the next day!! win or lose. lol

:basketball: :cowboy_hat_face: :basketball: :cowboy_hat_face: :basketball:

2 Likes