Recruiting Director!?

Interesting hire of Todd Bradford…as recruiting director! Seems like Gundy’s hearing some noise. I think it’s a good call…outsider lookin in…

1 Like

Who did he recruit while at Kansas that was a stand out player?

Why did he leave Kansas to take a job in oil?

What did he do in his prior stint at OSU that was effective?

Idk… hope it’s a good hire, but it’s pretty weird and also out of left field.

1 Like

Did we not have one before?

Looks like he left OSU to be the defensive coordinator under Fedora at Southern Miss in 2008.

According to the article, he recruited Markelle Martin…so that’s something.

1 Like

That I don’t know. i guess I’m just assuming we didn’t! haha!

Since we already have an assistant recruiting director, I’m assuming we had someone who left.

He left Kansas because he worked for David Beaty, who got fired.

He left in March of 2018, Beatty was fired in November of 2018.

1 Like

Not quite. I mean… Kansas being terrible was probably a big part of it, yes, but that’s not why he left.

He was also a part of bringing in two freshman All American LBs at Oklahoma State his first go round.

We did, Patsy Armstrong. I think she took a job over in women’s bball

1 Like

Seems like a revolving door for a good ole boy network instead of getting the best possible guy for the job. Maybe that’s a bad take, but that’s how it comes across to me.

The first article said he left the position at Kansas to be closer to a relative while they were ill, dude still has to make a living and it’s an admirable switch for the cause.

It’s also more important to see who he got while he was LB coach here, rather than Kansas. Crootin’ at Kansas is even difficult for Les. He got Markelle Martin and a few others per the article. Although as a director of recruiting I don’t see you having much face time with recruits, so how well they recruit personally may not pay dividends. As director I imagine you just need to shine the light on recruits for coaches by allocating resources, and when they get interested making sure they have a legitimate good time when on campus.

I played golf with Bradford in the media golf event one year. He’s a really good guy. I have no idea how he’ll do in this role but I liked how detailed he seems to be (listening to Gundy talk about him in his presser).

I do think it’s a positive sign Larry Fedora brought Bradford to Southern Miss to be his D.C. The best assistants usually get plucked for coordinator jobs when assistants leave for a HC job.

2 Likes

That’s my question too. I swore we did.

1 Like

We did - see NYCowboy’s response above…