Report: Arizona State and Utah Apply for Big 12 Membership

Originally published at: Report: Arizona State and Utah Apply for Big 12 Membership – Pistols Firing

Another nail in the Pac-12’s coffin?

Hope the uppity Cardinal and their goofy tree and equally goofy band enjoy the little league that they so deserve!

3 Likes

Let’s have a moment of silence to honor the death of the PAC12. RIP

1 Like

P12 down to 4 schools. Game over man Game over

2 Likes

Gonna see first hand the Holy War as a big 12 conference game. Thats pretty cool. I think these were the most obvious additions. Sure, Oregon and Washington would have been nice but these schools from the p12, along with Colorado, regionally make the most sense. Plus now with UCF and Cincy we helped bridge the gap a little for WVA. Those WVA at Colorado or one of these other schools will be tough travel for the Neers though.

It is disappointing however, that the Rose Bowl as we know it is dead and gone. They will still have it for CFP Semis or finals in my opinion but the tradition of BIG/PAC is dead and that stinks as it is the Grandaddy of the All for a reason.

1 Like

PAC 12 winner currently has automatic invite into football playoff. Guess it will be one year only! Ha

1 Like

Well, the Rose Bowl (along with the other NY6 Bowls) are going to become playoff sites once it expands so it (in it’s current form) was going to go away even if the PAC survived.
Yeah I would love to see the Holy War in person sometime.

2 Likes

I would love to see the Pac12 do just the opposite of everyone else: roll with 4 teams and enjoy the automatic bids (while playing a crazy non-conference).

Pretty sure those automatics will be altered or removed

3 Likes

Brett Yormark be going out making deals Hollywood Hogan style:

1 Like

That would be a sight to see but per NCAA by laws you have to have at least six teams to be a conference