Report: Four-Star Forward Sammie Yeanay on an Oklahoma State Visit

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/report-four-star-forward-sammie-yeanay-on-an-oklahoma-state-visit/

The Cowboys need some size.

I would love to see us get him.

Separate question: with NIL running everything, when will they get rid of scholarships? It seems they could out those “funds” back into educational scholarships.

1 Like

He better find some taller players bc a small team can’t compete in Big 12. This isn’t mid-major level.

1 Like

You don’t expect the athletes to pay for classes out of their NIL money, do you?

Back in the 1970’s as a student, I wrote a paper for an elective called Sports Sociology (or a similar title). In the paper I suggested we give athletes within a certain age limit a basic 4 years of eligibility (with red shirt and injury considerations) and pay them. They could elect to use part of the money to take classes or not; the thought being the school would not waste class seats on athletes that had no real interest in going to class. The prof thought the idea was interesting and presented it to the class. Back then many thought it was crazy, some supported the idea. We are just about there now.

All in favor say “Yea”; those opposed say “Nay.”

They aren’t going to cancel athletic scholarships as long as we compete in the NCAA.