Report: Mason Rudolph Signs with Tennessee Titans

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/report-mason-rudolph-signs-with-tennessee-titans/

Rudolph is headed to Tennessee.

Best of luck to him

1 Like

I like the landing spot, but I wish he signed more than 1-year

4 Likes

I don’t know anything about their OL but if it’s decent Mason can win this job. Glad to see him get away from Pittsburgh, he never got a fair shake there

4 Likes

The fans finally came around for him - they’d have preferred he start this next year, not Kenny or Russell.

1 Like

1 year makes sense for both sides. If the Titans like how he does, odds are they give him a longer contract for more money. If things don’t work out, he can go somewhere else or get out of football. I think he’s got a good chance to become the starter.

1 Like

All the Pittsburgh fans were wanting Mason back as starter, not Kenny
Russel at one time was the man at Seattle, bad man then

Agree, but I’m looking at it from a fair shake perspective. He definitely wasn’t given a fair shake in Pittsburgh and 1-year coming in as a backup might not give him a fair shake either.

1 Like

I thought he played lights out his last 4 games 74 percent and I think one int

1 Like

I live in Pittsburgh - so it was fun to have him and Wash get drafted at the same time. Then 2019 happened. That was a nightmare - and not Mason’s fault. He need an OL that can protect him - every snap in 2019 was run for your life. This year, yeah it was funny to see the fans come around on him and then he got to play and it was awesome. I think most Steelers fans wanted him back - and to start. Everyone’s unsure about how the Wilson/Fields thing is gonna work. But we’ll see. And Mason was incredibly gracious when he left (actually, the entire time he was here - and I think that’s why the fans came to like him, he was never anything but gracious). Unlike Kenny who came across as incredibly ungrateful.

1 Like

I don’t think he was going to get a multi-year deal from anyone. He seems to be happy with what he got. He has a chance. I don’t know if he can win the QB1 job in the pre-season, but he might. I think a lot will depend on whether the OL can protect him and who he has around him (RB, WR, TE).

1 Like

I saw he got 3-5 million for a one year deal. Pretty nice even as a backup. I don’t know what kind of line Tennessee has but I agree he needs a solid line. His time in Pittsburgh was a raw deal. Horrible OL. , ran for his life I absolutely think he can win the job there.
He showed what he could do the last 4 games last year. Incredibly gracious, thoughtful guy
He’s a winner either way
I’ve read comments on Steelers boards and to a one they really wanted him back. They were through with Pickett