Rondel Walker Enters Transfer Portal

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/rondel-walker-enters-transfer-portal/

Walker played in all 30 of OSU’s games this past season, making eight starts.

1 Like

What in the heck?!

2 Likes

I GUESS HE WANTS TO PLAY FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS A CHANCE TO WIN SOMETHING AND NOT FINISH IN THE BOTTOM OF THE CONFERENCE!

• Joey if he treated Boynton or any coach like he talked about Gundy
3 Likes

Seat is warming. This isn’t a guy you let go of.

1 Like

If he goes to Pacific I’m going to try to watch their every game.

2 Likes

Ah man, I HATE this. Love Rondel Walker!

4 Likes

Boyton’s seat needs to be on high right now.

2 Likes

Ultimately, it’s a player’s decision. I wish we weren’t in this position, but it’s wrong to force a kid to stay. The portal giveth, and the portal taketh away.

1 Like

I’m at a 6/10 right now. Flop in the portal it goes to a 7-7.5. Missing tourney is a 9.5-10.

1 Like

Maybe this means the kid from clemsons committing

1 Like

Why isn’t his seat already hot?

2 Likes

This doesn’t sound good. He’s a good kid as far as I know, maybe he’s testing the waters. Hate to lose him

1 Like

At the end of the season I just assumed Walker would enter the portal.
A lot of potential there. But no surprise.
Because of the transfer portal I think we have to start getting used to an average of at least 5 guys leaving the team each season. The NCAA created a monster that is out of control. I doubt that their collective egos would ever allow them to say, “hey guys, we tried something new and it did more harm than good, so we are going back to how things used to be. You transfer, you sit out one year.”
We might think, hey, with 5 guys leaving we have a chance to pick up some pretty good replacements via the portal. The problem with that is OSU is not seen as a great landing spot after having a .500 season. I would say this team is in deep trouble at this point. It is not a reflection of Boynton. It is happening at a lot of schools. You have to wonder what Pacific is offering our guys? Besides a chance to play on a pretty poor team.

1 Like

How do we know that? We don’t know who he’s transferring to.

The only thing I can figure is guaranteed minutes. And I could be mistaken, but did one of Boynton’s former assistants land there? Maybe that’s the connection? Could be an NIL deal…may have something to do with easier access to pro scouts/assessment and training….I’m grasping at straws…

Think I read that Pastrono ? is a coach there … anyone know different

1 Like

None of this suprise me except boone didn’t leave.
This is a big reason gundy just get tranfers to fill a hole.
After walkers freshman year he looked to be atleast a starter this coming year.
It’s disappointing to see all this talent leave.

1 Like

He’s at Georgia. As of last month. Prior to that, he was at Florida. That’d be crazy to coach at both schools of a particular rivalry… No way in heck would I do it.

1 Like

Sounds like today’s the last day to enter portal. Hope we don’t see more.

Oh, sorry, I’m not used to hating on my own team. I’ll wait and then say it again no matter where it is.

2 Likes