Rudolph, Warren Look Good in Steelers' Preseason Opener

Originally published at: Rudolph, Warren Look Good in Steelers' Preseason Opener | Pistols Firing

Both former Cowboys had a touchdown Saturday night.

Lot of good things happening

2 Likes

I watched most of that game, all three QB’s played well. I do think the writing might be on the wall for Mason though. The announcers hardly mentioned how great his end zone pass was, all they talked about was how great the catch was. Also the crowd practically gave Pickett a standing ovation when he entered the game, before he had played one down!! I don’t know how much the popularity side of things determines roster positions but Mason isn’t #1 in that category for sure. Also Warren was killing it, he was running around and through folks every time he touched the ball.

3 Likes

You know how fickle fans can be. Standing ovation one game and boo birds real quick… not sure Mason will be there but someone will pick him up if not. Same for Warren, he will be land somewhere

2 Likes

Agree, yea Mason is a solid backup and I’m sure that there are several teams out there that can use him.

1 Like

Cards are against Rudy in this case. I don’t know what they see in Mitch personally, yes, he can run w/ the ball better but he’s average passer at best. Best thing that could happen, and I’m NOT wishing it on any player, is if Trubisky gets hurt. Right now Rudolph is QB2 on the depth chart but that could change soon enough if Pickett keeps playing well against opponents that likely won’t be in the League once roster cuts are made. Steelers brass have said they’d prefer he not play this season.

1 Like

They all want pickett. Mason wount last long there.

2 Likes

A lot of that is because Pickett was starting QB for Uni of Pittsburgh.

As for Warren, I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t make the roster or another team’s roster, he’s that good!

3 Likes