Senior DT Brendon Evers Returning to OSU in 2022

Welcome to Stillwater Mike Nolan!!!

I would guess that Gundy is going has hired some unknown NFL assistant coach who is in charge of the D line on a team going nowhere, or a defensive coordinator on a team that is going to fire their head head coach and thus the DC will be looking for a new job. Either way, sounds a lot better than hiring from within. If Joe Bob gets offended by being passed over, so be it. Let Gundy work his hiring magic.

I wonder how much NIL deals are playing into players choices. I’m hearing that a lot of kids are chasing the best NIL deal instead of looking for an education or teams on the rise like OSU.

I guess we thank the NCAA for yet another idea that has misfired. Transfer portal and now play for pay to the highest bidder.

Since no thread is offered on the bullets page, I will post this here. Reading the Pokes Report article. Our HCMG just doesn’t make good sense at times, but proud of him anyway… at times. :cowboy_hat_face:

Gundy - "“This has happened to me before where I hired a coach, maybe two weeks ago on the calendar and the NFL changes started and the Forty-Niners came in and hired him,” Gundy explained of a situation that happened about eight-years ago. “We had him signed up and here. It is a long process to get people hired and moved across the country. The NFL needs to run its’ course and that is going to be another six-to-eight days with hirings or you take a chance on getting a guy and then over the weekend the Texans call him and say, ‘you want to come down here and coach linebackers,’ and he leaves. That is not a good look in my opinion.”

Seems that because of one incidence 8 years ago, Gundy prefers the ‘leftovers’ of available coaches or to replicate the debacle of hiring another Yurcich, but on the defensive side. (Yes, the Shippenburg hire of the lego man was a debacle. Those who paint it into a wondrous hire and find over look that he was paid ten times his previous salary to become a Gundy puppet and OC trainee at the division one level. It took 3 or 4 years to pay any dividends and shortly thereafter, he left. …a debacle if ever there was one.)

jmho… but unless we can get Charlie Strong or Lovie Smith… Clements is still my preference. GO POKES!! :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face:

I agree with this 100%.

1 Like

Joe Bob to Ohio St.

Source?