South Carolina Avoids Major Punishments on Lamont Evans Ruling

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/south-carolina-avoids-major-punishments-on-lamont-evans-ruling/

What are the differences in the cases?

NCAA can pound sand. Absolutely ridiculous.

1 Like

The difference is a potential #1 draft pick that didn’t leave oSu when the NCAA wanted him to versus a South Carolina 3-10 in conference and 5-12 overall gamecock team

NCAA can eat a bag of d#cks

2 Likes

Difference is likely that prior recent enough infractions caused OSU to fall into a different category relative to punishment for the current infraction. Two programs could have identical current infractions but recent history factors into whether identical punishment is doled out.

I appreciate that folks like Dickey V. are out there claiming there should be no tournament ban. However, their discussions still contain the implication that the program did something wrong and may have benefitted or was seeking benefit. I wish, in making their argument, they would also explain that the the infraction was committed by a rouge assistant that was only seeking to benefit himself and was actually taking advantage of the program. I know that the program has a responsibility to police its coaches in all of their involvement with student-athletes. But sound the horn that the program was also a victim here.

1 Like

2 Likes

Such a load of chit !! SC didn’t get a ban from post season, nothing mentioned about it and he was there for 4 years. I don’t see how the NCAA can make the post season ban plus the 3 loss of ships stick. Still pissed over Andy Oliver

1 Like