Spencer Sanders Had a Better Outing In Boise Than You Think

Let me get this straight, ur saying gundy wants to go slow, throw 13 times a game.
Or maybe all these new players that are doing bone head moves are only in Gundy’s head.
Do u think if we ran plays faster. Also let’s throw over the middle so either the young recievers will be in the wrong spot, miss the catch for a pic or Sanders just throws a pic.
Are line is still hurt, 3 didn’t practice last week. I’m sure it’s about the same.
One thing about “Gundy’s plays” were 3 and 0 :scream:
Without any more injuries.
We should have more players back. We do keep doing less bone head plays.

Any quarterback that throws only 13 times a game probably is not going to look that bad.

1 Like

I don’t know anyone that has labeled Sanders a “gunslinger” gunslinger usually implies that a guy throws it a lot usually for high yardage and multiple touch downs but has a pick or 2 thrown in, much like a Brett Farve. Sanders is more like the most interesting man In the world “ I don’t always throw passes, but when I do I usually throw it to the other team”

4 Likes

Our offense just works better with a pro-style qb. The slants open up the deep ball and the run game.

ProbFootball Focus is a formula that grades quarterbacks based on what situation they are in. For example, if Sanders scores during a run on 3rd and goal from the one, then he receives a higher grade than if he gained one yard on 1st and 10. Sanders only completed 6 passes but four were for first downs. Additionally, he ran for 5 first downs. So believe it or not Sanders accumulated 9 of OSU’s 15 first downs. I’m not defending the play calling, but the grading from PFF is solid.

2 Likes

I would rather be dominant on the offensive side of the ball then on the defensive side of the ball any day. We almost went to the national championship game and won a big 12 championship with that. Fact. I would rather when 8 games blowing teams out then win 8 nail biters. Furthermore, if you blow the 8 teams out you will be ranked higher at the end of the season by quite a bit then barely beating 8 teams by 3. If we have no chance of winning a championship like some people think then I would go with being dominant on the offensive side. The only two times we beat ou we were offensive dominant also.

2 Likes

The offense that gundy has gone too will only get you close games and that’s not the recipe for getting in the playoff being we’re not a blue blood. I’m sorry it’s just not. Time has told us that and time will tell you that in years to come.

1 Like

Why don’t you guys just go ahead and say that he’s Bobby Reid 2.0? I think after watching him for 20 games now we know what we’re getting.

Sanders is not looking good so far because he lacks his true receivers, the O line is still not good enough, and Sanders is not as good as would be expected from a former high school Texas player of the year. So we do see similarities between Sanders and Bobby Reid. Let us hope that Sanders soon can prove us to be wrong about his skill level.
Arch Manning chose W. Virginia. This means that we won’t be beating those hillbillies for awhile. What a strange choice for that kid.

Ur an idiot. U say the offense gundy went to. Do u guys really gundy want this. This is what he wants to run. Morons.

Do you never pay any attention to what Gundy says? When has he not talked about running the ball being an important factor and being one of his most top priorities?

Interesting that you think Gundy has no say what kind of offense he runs.

1 Like

Really.
Let me get this straight ur an adult supposedly grad from college and ur asking me this. Even Jug can understand u run the offense ur personal can run.
So have less and less personal limits his offense

There r so many things wrong with what u just wrote.
I have told u 100 times I dnt pay any attention to what gundy says. 90% of any coaches will say establishing the run game is important. So u are a deaf moron

That’s not a solid grading system. It’s made up metrics bs to sell premium services to guys who do fantasy football. Sanders QB rating, a long-standing and accepted measure was an abysmal 46.9. Don’t pee on me and tell me it’s raining. The only thing Sanders did well was to not turnover the ball, something he usually struggles with in each game. He’s played in 22 games. I can’t tell you a game where he was the difference maker for a win (Maybe bowl game with Miami), but I could name several where his multiple turnovers were the difference maker for the loss. He’s not good and no amount of spin will make him so.

1 Like

All you have to do is look at his actions the last few years. He loves running the ball now. Even when his team isn’t capable of running the ball. It’s the very first thing he’ll try before anything else. The fact that he’s done this several games in a row now tells me you don’t have the slightest clue in what the hell is going on during the game.

He started a few games with pass only.
Joey if u were awake during r games still wouldn’t help u.

Gundy continues to play a bottom dweller QB, and leaves on the bench a QB that can throw the ball…, Shane should follow the example of Woods and put as much distance as possible between himself and the inept Gundy!

Sanders is a pathetic throwing QB…, and OSU’s offense reflects as such!

Using the NFL calculator his efficiency is 68.3 and using the NCAA formula his efficiency is 102, so not sure where you came up with 49. Again these are passing efficiency ratings and do not take into account that Sanders ran for 5 first downs/tds.

Roberto LOL, I’m sorry man can you rewrite that because that is in readable and can’t decipher any sentence.