Spencer Sanders Was Right

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/spencer-sanders-was-right/

It’s time to be quiet.

6 Likes

This is FANTASTIC @kyleporterCBS thank you.

2 Likes

Very well said Kyle! It takes a mature adult to do the self analysis and critiquing that you did here. Much better than I normally do when assessing myself, to be honest. This was very thoughtful and self aware. Thanks for all you and the PFB staff do.

Great response, @kyleporterCBS! Appreciate the thoughtfulness involved in this piece - makes me proud to be part of this community.

Spot On! and why I read this blog!

1 Like

Wow. That was supreme. @kyleporterCBS

1 Like

@kyleporterCBS You articulated my, and a lot of other people’s, thoughts far better than I ever could. I love the game recaps and recruiting news and all of that, but work like this is why I’m so happy to support PFB.

1 Like

I would challenge you to go a step further and after letting everything sink in, speak out. White silence is a huge reason why we’re in the situation we’re in today. Sitting by and watching won’t change anything. White people like you and me need to stand up and lead with our privilege and speak out against the systemic and institutional racism that is pervasive in our society. That’s not saying there KKK members and neo-Nazis on every corner. It’s the insidious silence that allows these atrocities to continue to happen. MLK named it in one of his letters when he said white moderates who sit in silence are more dangerous and damaging to the cause of equality than any blatant racist.

Lean into the discomfort and speak up on behalf of all the people of color that society doesn’t treat as equal. Nobody expects perfection, but there is a desperate need and expectation of participation.

9 Likes

Bravo!

Silence is violence.

Well done…

This is truth man. @kyleporterCBS this piece was fantastic! Far too many times people had their narrow mindedness… hopefully this attention in the world and us working together can finally create positive change. #BlackLivesMatter

Can’t support you now, so I guess after over 60 years a fan, I’ll have to beat it. So long. I pray for the best.

2 Likes

I had a long response all written up. Then I figured, why bother. There will be no examination of what’s happening when MSM rules the narrative. I’m with Leon. I’m out.

2 Likes

Nice vice signalling guys.

1 Like

This is something that I, as a white privileged male have been struggling with during this whole thing. I had a long talk with one of my co-workers on Monday, and she, as a POC, also asked that we not remain silent. I don’t intend to, but I also don’t have the answers. My life experience, my views, all covered by millions of other white, middle aged, middle class males. I get what you’re saying, and I do push back against people who comment on what I share. But for me, to stand up and say I have the answers, or to say I know what is going on, I can’t. I don’t. So I defer to those that do.
What I am doing, is listening, donating time, donating money, and sharing the voices of those that should be heard before me. I would encourage others to do the same. Even if it’s just sharing the words of the OSU family, players and coaches. Read their words, listen to their stories, share their voices.

2 Likes

Nice job KP. Completely disagree with the MG take, but completely agree with this one. The world needs change, in a lot more ways than just one.

I’m confused. Are you saying you’re willing to give up a 60 year passion of yours just to avoid supporting The black athletes’ plea for equality? I hope I misunderstood that. Because if not, yikes.

3 Likes

Leon,
Your response is a sad reminder of not having the want or the energy to look beyond yourself and your own little world. At 61 I now realize a lot of what I was taught and believed to be “gospel” were in fact
based on prejudice borne from ignorance. We lose whatever the best a group of people have to offer when we marginalize their very existence. Much less murder them. Enjoy your bunker.

6 Likes

That’s a lot of time to have so much hate in your heart for people that only wanted to be treated with basic human decency throughout their every day lives. I hope one day soon you learn to think outside yourself and learn how much other people have truly suffered and been stepped on every moment of their lives for generations.

3 Likes

Don’t waste your prayers for anyone but yourself.

2 Likes