Sports Illustrated has Cowboys vs USC in Final Four Playoffs

Bowl Projections: Playoff Field Changes After Week 4 (msn.com)

1 Like

Oh wow!! That orange Kool Aid is tasty!! Mix it with some Sooner tears on the rocks. Goes down smooth this morning.

5 Likes

The entire College Football world would be rooting for the Cowboys…even the Sooner fans

2 Likes

It would be great, but I’m not buying it. I think whoever wins the Big 12 is going to have 2 losses, eliminating them for the CFP
Alabama vs. Kansas in the Sugar Bowl !?! If that were to actually happen, I would have to run to a window and look outside to see if hell has truly frozen over. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

There is absolutely no reason why the Cowboys cannot run the table in conference. They have the QB and horses in the stalls. A 2-loss Big 12 champion is rare. In the past 15 years there have been three.

4 Likes

Agree. It’s not going to be easy, but the most experienced HC and QB tandem could do it.

I also think we have a deal with SI that they have to hype us up so we don’t sue them for libel.

3 Likes

Let’s just get past Baylor first before we start talking CFP. :joy:

That being said, in a perfect world if we played USC in the playoff I wouldn’t even care what the end result would be. Knowing that this would be OU fans’ absolute worst nightmare situation imaginable would be enough for me.

4 Likes

Beating Baylor is a big, important first step. Not just because it’s one of the favorite contenders, but because I think it will show how we stack up with the Big XII. If we win handily, watch out. If we lose or struggle, playoffs are just a pipe dream.

1 Like

You’re forgetting who you’re cheering for here. Going down and winning in Waco 45-3 and then coming home and losing to tech at home next week is perfectly within reason for OSU football. In fact, it’s almost assumed. :joy:

In all seriousness, I agree. The winner of this game is almost definitely going to Arlington.

You’re absolutely right. Which terrifies me in this case. It would be one more example in a litany of them where “It’s a very Oklahoma State thing to do”.

Last year was the first time in forever that we didn’t lose to a team that we easily should have beaten. You could argue ISU was that game last year, but it wasn’t like it was a massive upset or anything. I don’t consider that game us blowing an easy win. We’ve done it just about every single other season in the entire Gundy era though.

1 Like

I think youre right about the 2-losses, but KStates 2 toughest ROAD games were in Norman and Waco. They checked one off the list on Sat. I have no idea what theyll do from here on out but if OSU wins in Waco, the 'Cats and Cowboys take two massive steps in getting to Arlington. I said early in the offseason that its OU-Baylor…but those two are going to have a hard time getting it done if they both lose a home game

1 Like