Spring Preview: OSU's Defensive Line Returns a Lot of Talent and Depth

He’s talking about Robert. Both you and Robert totally misunderstood it. If AR was speaking to me he wouldn’t have any reason for liking my posts.

I know, champ. It was sarcasm. You’re both drooling morons.

1 Like

Of course, play it off as sarcasm.

Honk honk, clown.

He did like this post.

Yes sarcasm the language you can’t speak.

English, the language you can’t spell.

1 Like

For starters on the defensive end positions. Collin Oliver isn’t the DE 1 in front of Tyler Lacy, Collin and Tyler do not play the same position, they play opposite. Oliver plays the edge DE while Lacy plays the Strongside DE, Kody Walterscheid is Lacys backup. The edge position is the big question. You have Ford at the DE1 on the edge side who was hurt all of last season, but Martin started and was backed up by Oliver, Martin led the defensive line in tackles, 2nd in sacks and top 1 or 2 in TFL I believe… plus was all big 12 defensive lineman. Oliver led the team in sacks and was freshman all American. So in my opinion, Martin has earned the right to start, backed up by Oliver or Ford. But what needs to happen if Mason is smart and we all know he is… run defensive packages that put all 3 on the field at the same time. Martin, Oliver and Ford. Hopefully they run a hybrid 3-4 and keep all 3 on the field at the same time. I think this defense could be better than last year if Mason designs his defense with those 3 players on the field together.

1 Like