State of the Program: An Offseason Checklist for Mike Boynton, OSU Basketball

Originally published at: https://pistolsfiringblog.com/state-of-the-program-an-offseason-checklist-for-mike-boynton-osu-basketball/

Five things OSU needs to look at this offseason.

Find someone that can coach basketball. That should’ve been in there.

4 Likes

Need a true point guard and a couple of shooters out of the portal.

1 Like

Need to suggest the portal for Harris and Newton who are non contributors. Neither would see playing time for any other Big 12 team. Replace them with portal players who can help this team win.

I’m like 99% sure Harris shredded his ACL again. I can’t imagine he will be playing ball anywhere at this point.

3 Likes

I’m guessing Boone and Cisse both are staying ? Then we need a point that can score and two more shooters. Not many Nowells out there I’m guessing, maybe we can find one. He was a juco
No street ball

2 Likes

Get to 80% from the charity stripe minimum

2 Likes

The #1 & only thing that truly matters is to hire a real Head Basketball Coach vs. a M. Holder, I can’t recruit, I don’t know how to interview, so I’ll continue destroying OSU basketball by throwing in a subpar assistant…

1 Like

That was my #1, so 6 things that OSU needs to look at this offseason. Would love for Boynton to stay around as a recruiter and assistant, but am convinced that his head coaching chops are limited. jmho

GO POKES!! :cowboy_hat_face: :basketball: :cowboy_hat_face: :basketball: :cowboy_hat_face:

GO POKETTES! :cowboy_hat_face: :softball: :cowboy_hat_face: :softball: :cowboy_hat_face:

ABSOLUTELY no street ball. (rumor has it that Big Country stopped going to games over the street ball mentality…)

2 Likes

It seemed at times that our bigs were better free throw shooters than our guards…

4 Likes

If coach Mike could get the offense up to mediocre from downright bad we could be a ■■■■ good team. SDSU is ranked 4 in KenPom defense and 75 offense. We are 12 on defense and 146 on offense. We’re sitting at home and they’re in the final 4.

5 Likes

SDSU has good decision makers. They shoot the stop and pop 2 point shots well, not everything has to be a jacked up 3 point shot although 3’s are a difference makes if you can shot 35-40 percent

2 Likes

Come to think about it , I don’t remember Big Country being there the last half of the season ?

2 Likes

For anyone that knows hard nose defensive basketball, OSU has become an undisciplined run down the court jack up a poor shot street ball kind of team. It’s gone on now for 5-6+ years, and it is the same nonsense year after year with our pathetic HC!

3 Likes

Is there another Eddy out there for us ? I doubt it but I miss disciplined ball, tough gritty , hard nosed ball. The game has changed with the three point ahot but you can still play Eddy ball with a couple of shooters on the roster

No mention here of sanctions. That has had an impact and continues to have one. Cade was an anomaly. Boynton had nothing to do with the sanctions yet he is the one bearing the consequences.