Struggles - Postseason in Doubt?

I thought OSU’s struggles were due to injuries and the level of competition, but after these first 2 games against OU, I am now starting to wonder if they are deeper…and if making a regional is now in doubt?

Bring back Inky. He’ll whip these b!tches into shape in no time.

I’m not sure what the exact issue is, but here is my crazy, stupid, nonsensical solution: Josh needs to walk into Mike Holder’s office on Monday morning, and have him shut the season down. Tell the team their season is now done. Begin preparing for next season. For seniors or others looking to be drafted or just improve in general, feel free to use the facilities. But tell them in no uncertain terms that the season is finished and they will not play another game this season. Gather your coaching staff, tell them they are giving up the remainder of their salary this season. They did not earn it, nor did Josh. That money can go towards recouping season ticket holders or recruiting. Any coach who refuses is fired. Immediately. Losing 2 Bedlam baseball games by a combined 18 runs while only scoring 5 ourselves is absolutely inexcusable, injuries be damned. Particularly considering the losses took place in the brand new stadium that Josh was promised for years and finally got, to improve recruiting and development. How undisciplined do we continue to look at the plate? How many men were left stranded despite the number of walks we’ve worked? How many pitchers keep racking up full counts and getting behind the count and not attacking the zone?

I’m not kidding. Look, I know all of you will call me delusional and stupid and selfish and entitled and everything else for this idea. I don’t care. This series and season have NOT resembled Oklahoma State baseball at all. This season needs to be finished. Today. I can’t stomach the thought of a Goon sweep in baseball at home.

OSU has been missing their Friday and Sunday starters the last 2 weekends. We moved our closer to Sunday starter and our new closer (also been our 1st baseman) is now hurt. To say that injuries still aren’t plaguing this team is not correct. They’re just different injuries.

Missing two of your top slingers has nothing to do with our piss-poor offense. Sorry. I’m still pissed.

Its multiple things. Main thing is their just find every way to lose. A throw out at home. A error. Out hitting but no runs. Bad pitching.
I don’t know how many times we’ve had the bases load and not scored.
Josh leaving in pitcher to long.
We are not striking out as much.
We need to play more small ball. Hewitt is the only guy who has bunted.
Josh needs to yank there chains

Or Holder needs to yank Josh’s. Man, I was so excited when we got Matt Holliday to come back home to Stilly and it’s done no good so far this season.

You’re an idiot. In what world does that make ANY sense?

3 Likes

If you were going to wait 11 days after my post to show that you suck at reading comprehension, you should’ve just kept on waiting. Go re-read my post. I called the idea “stupid and nonsensical.” I knew something like calling off the season would never happen. I wrote what I did out of frustration. The post was meant to blow off steam, not to be used as ammunition with which to call me an idiot. Since…ya know…misery loves company and a bunch of us were pissed off about the majority of that 3-game Bedlam series. If you’re okay with taking Bedlam baseball a$$-whippings at home, that would make you the idiot.

Write it in Microsoft Word and then just delete it when you’re over the situation. Why post that as something everyone can read when you know it’s not intended to be?

Fair point. Probably because I don’t have Word on the iPhone. Occasionally I check PFB on my laptop, but don’t use it near as much as I should. Also, I don’t mind other folks seeing that frustration in my writing. It usually helps to commiserate together. Didn’t expect the response I got though. Probably should have. Oh well.

I wish we had got the 3 wins we took from ou in conf. But we did win bedlam so the sky hasn’t completely fallen. Oh wait how tall r u. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::partying_face:

The amount of times I’ve typed out stuff on here and deleted it is probably the same number as the actual posts I’ve made. I’ve saved myself from looking like a moron on too many occasions to count.

Do we expect to get any of our pitchers back before the postseason? I don’t know the nature of any of their injuries.

Yea it sucks to not know. But its good to see them still going.