Submit Pod Questions

This is a bit of doom and gloom question. Do you think the window of success for the football program is closing/closed with other teams in the conference on the rise?

This is something I’ve thought about in the last few years with so many missed opportunities. By missed opportunities I mean being in the front seat for a Big XII Conference Championship and coming up short.

Looking at the 2010s:

2010: Lost to OU; beat them and you get to play Nebraska for a Big XII title.
2011: Obviously best season ever except for that one game.
2013: Chance to win the conference title outright; in this decade out of all the times we came up short this by far was the worst one (regarding conference titles).
2015: Chance to win the conference title outright; got whipped by OU.
2016: Chance to win the conference title outright: lose to OU (this pattern sucks)
2017: Weren’t in the driver’s seat this year, but the talent was there to win a conference championship. That TCU game was a head scratcher and after coming up short to OU…again…felt like the team checked out (see the KSU game)

So 6 years in this decade where we had a good chance of being conference champions, we only win 1, probably at the very least should have won 2. I often wonder what the trajectory of the program would have looked like if we were able to win 3 or more during that span.

In the commitment video, Cade mentioned trying not to double dribble in YMCA ball. How often did he double dribble?

(Felt like there was a bit of an inside joke there on the video)

Would love to hear a conversation on the Dallas Cowboys job opening up at the end of this season. Likelihood that the hire would be Lincoln Riley, and how that opens up the Big 12 to OSU/others with the void being left in Norman.

@kyleporterCBS. I actually have something for you that not necessarily for the pod, but good info and too long for message board. What is the email for your/the site

If you click on the @ link that you included in your post it will bring up his profile where you can message directly. I’ve had short convos that didn’t really belong in the forum itself through it and he’s been quick to respond.

Thx!

if it wasn’t for Chuba and his long runs, what would the teams record be and how would the fans talk about Spencer Sanders? Pretty sure a SS led offense with no Chuba would be scoring under 20 a game in big 12 play.

Would Carson trade the 2018 golf national championship if it meant ‘1945 National Champions’ wasn’t in BPS anymore?

3 Likes

I really wasn’t a fan of this until I noticed how much having that displayed in the stadium frustrates OU fans… and that makes me very happy.

6 Likes

Yeah it does, but it’s still embarrassing to me. Kind of like wearing clown shoes. It might frustrate them, but you’re still wearing clown shoes…

1 Like

Although I don’t recant some of my experiences, I do agree with Carson’s take that I dipped into Full Aggie with this post. Funny thing was it wasn’t what I meant to write when I started. The question in my head when I started typing was more in line with “what level of success would it take to catch OU in coverage and can Basketball get us there?”. Instead it came out, well like what you see… I’ll just go full Garfield and say I hate Mondays and blame it on being Monday morning and being a grouch.

1 Like