Submit Pod Questions

Since there’s no football to talk about, hit me and @CarsonCunningham with some questions for the pod today. Doesn’t have to be OSU sports. We’ll talk about whatever.

9 weeks into the season, we are on schedule for a likely 8-4 finish - exactly what fans projected in the pre-season survey. Assuming we finish as expected, was 2019 a successful season for OSU football?

4 Likes

Top 3 basketball movies of all time?

And for Kyle (because he hasn’t seen a movie since the 90’s), top 3 sports books of all time.

3 Likes

Chipotle or QDoba?

And have either of you tried to Popeyes Chicken Sandwich yet?

If Rickie, Hovland, Wolff, CH3, Kevin Tway, Peter Uihlein, and Talor Gooch are in a 7 person playoff, in what order are you rooting for them? Does this order change if it’s a Regular PGA event vs The Masters?

1 Like

Does our fanbase have imposter syndrome when it comes to basketball recruiting?

Amendment: I am actually taping Tuesday morning with Carson so you have time to get questions in!

Knowing where OSU football stands at this current moment (T-4th), does OSU basketball or OSU football finish higher in the final regular season Big 12 standings?

1 Like

Kind of an inside baseball question but it’s something I’m really curious about. What do you think it would take for OSU to do in sports to get one reporter/commentator on a major “un-biased” platform that treated OSU with the same level of respect that they did OU? The flip of the question might be more interesting though, what would it take for a single reporter/commentator to treat OU with the same level of disrespect that all of the current crop treat OSU with?

I’m sure it’s a money thing (OU has the larger following and that pays the bills…I’ll leave the chicken/egg question largly alone…OU is good because they have the larger following, they have the larger following because they dominate the media, they dominate the media because they have the larger following…) but I’ve heard it from multiple places that it’s acceptable, even encouraged, to ignore or play down the performance of OSU but it is anathema to fail to swoon over the latest product out of Norman (I heard it all the time when I worked for a major media company from OSU alumni who were afraid to be critical of OU out of fear of backlash). Is there really that much pressure that a local sports commentator can’t say “I’ll report fairly but I’m certainly not going to root for OU”?

Or we can duck the existential pondering and look at things that we will be talking during the spring: What’s the long term view of OSU Golf right now, with this year being destined to be a down year what do we have loaded up longer term?

2 Likes

Who plays in the big12 championship? Baylor v Oklahoma or Texas…who else would have a chance to make it?

I posted this in a different thread awhile back, but am curious about y’all’s takes.

Would you trade Sanders straight up for Purdy or Duggan or Brewer? Eligibility is what it is, so Sanders and Duggan have 3 years left after this one, Purdy has 2, and Brewer has 1. Part of this question depends on whether you think Illingsworth or Costello has a chance to beat out Sanders eventually.

My answers: Purdy yes, Duggan no, Brewer no (but would be yes if he was a soph).

Thoughts on the comeback going for 2pt conversion strategy. I.e Iowa State fighting back from down 21 then risking it all on the 2pt conversion, Bedlam last year, etc. I always lean towards
extending the game and going to OT. It doesn’t seem to work out well very often for the team going for it and I like my team having the 4 downs to make something happen as opposed to rolling the dice on one play. Especially with Iowa State having all the momentum and OU was falling apart. If you are the underdog and have fought back even, ride the momentum into OT and see what happens.

• Will OSU Football have a down year next year (Assuming Tylan and Chuba leave)? Or does Defense + Sanders carry us to 10 wins? Is 10 wins good enough to feed the monster or will they be calling for Gundy’s head again?

• What’s the starting five for basketball by the end of this season? What about start of next season?

I think we probably all agree that 8-4 is the most likely outcome for this regular season.

But suppose your omniscient being of choice told you that we are definitely NOT going to win exactly 8 games. You have to bet over 8 or under 8, and your life depends on it. Which way would you bet?

2 Likes

What are Boynton’s next steps for the 2020 recruiting class depending on if Bryce does or doesn’t commit?

1 Like

why don’t you just get Colin Carmichael as an interview? I think he’d make time for y’all.

Which osu golf alumni makes the most cash in 2020/fedex cup points?

1 Like

Is there another that college football coach that loves them a mid tier bowl W like Gundy does?

he looks genuinely like he just won a natty after liberty/cheez-it/etc

(this isn’t meant to be a shot at gundy, just something I’ve noticed)

Has Jim Knowles and the defense made the necessary improvements to be a sufficient defense in the Big 12?

What is the your favorite restaurant in Stillwater?

Gundy currently has an automatic rollover with (apparently) no preconditions.

Mark Stoops gets an automatic extension of 1 year when Kentucky wins 7 games, and 2 years when they win 10. This is a much better setup. What would you set the goals at for Gundy?

1 Like