Supporting (Cowboy) Small Businesses

Would anyone be interested in a Google spreadsheet of Cowboy owned and operated small businesses? Would break down via type of business, location, whether you can shop online, etc. I’m hesitant to include MLM “businesses,” but could create a separate sheet for these.

I’ve seen this idea in other groups and it has apparently helped small business owners attract new customers and stay afloat during the pandemic.

I don’t have a business, but I’m happy to create a spreadsheet like this. Also very open to suggestions if you think there are other columns that I could add.

Edited: Here is the spreadsheet! Please share with small business owners/anyone who would be interested in supporting Cowboy owned small businesses!

2 Likes

Elote, Roppongi and The Vault in Tulsa is owned by a Poke that is one of the hardest working women I know. Add them to the list! Libby is her name.

4 Likes

I would be interested in using a list if it becomes available. I would much rather give my money to a Cowboy owned business especially since otherwise its just going to some sooner.

4 Likes

Awesome!! I’m thinking I’ll create a spreadsheet that is open source so that others with the link can add their (or their friends) businesses. I’ll keep the link open to everyone so that people can share the list outside of the group if they would like, too!

3 Likes

Are y’all cool with tree shops too?

:joy:

There’s tons of OSU alums out there operating small businesses that we should support across various industries.

4 Likes

This is a great idea .

1 Like

Here is the sheet. Anyone who has the link can edit/add/delete/etc, so please share with trustworthy folks!! Also feel free to add a column if you think there is a need.

I’ll add some when I get home. Thanks for making that.

1 Like

Now accepting donations to my Cowboy small business, primarily involved in organic methane production

4 Likes

Browncaspers.com?

Edit - glad that wasn’t an actual site as I didn’t realize it would create a hyperlink. :rofl:

9 Likes

You’d better strike while that iron is hot!

5 Likes

I’m sure it’d blow up fast if you struck it right.

2 Likes

What do you mean?

Organic methane + iron sparks =
zbyE0sDeW4z3W

In middle school, my friends and I thought about starting “Celebrity Farts in a Jar”. Think of the windfall from that…

2 Likes

My girlfriend’s business just got approved to sell these slick new OSU Hooey hats. She opened a storefront in mid-May on The Strip, and carries Kimes Ranch hats too. Feel free to tell all the women in your life because she has lots of jewelry and clothing as well. #plug

3 Likes

Awesome! I’m ordering a hooey hay for my brother for Christ Mass.

1 Like