TCU and UH to PAC 12 in 2023?

I’m not overly excited about Houston. Them being a commuter school. Tell me this. Who wants to watch Houston and Tulane. Won’t Houston numbers go up playing Baylor tech and tcu every year.
This would go for the new four and the possible newer 4.
Like I told u before twice as many people watched the osu ku game the the ku ou.
If we can get our share of network games the numbers will be good. Also look into a big 12 TV not run by espn
Because espn- sucks. And espn sucks.

I have a question. What if we dnt drop the ou game?
We do have Nebraska, Arkansas, Oregon and Alabama coming up. Do u think our tv viewership would go down?
I do understand ur points. But basing the future of the pac 12 tv deals on usc, is as questionable as anything I’ve said.
The new big 12 veiwship will rest on if we get network games. As long as 90% of big games for the pac 12 is the last game of the nite, they will not improve their numbers

You say ESPN sucks. The biggest/most reputable/recognized pregame show is Gameday. Theyre on your campus all week. Its a week long ad for your university and Conf. The sports playoff games and Nat Title are on its network. The SEC, which is the sports most decorated Conf, will have its games on that network in 2024. The SEC Championship will air on it. ESPN/ABC Primetime will consist of a huge SEC matchup every week. You may not like ESPN, but it most definitely will not “suck”.

By the way, USC-Wash St drew 3x’s the viewers that OSU-Boise did. OSU-Boise was a much better football matchup. But it still didnt draw what the USC game did. Im not dumping on the Cowboys, nor am I trumpeting how great USC is. Id take OSU to win 7 of 10 against USC this year. But that wont matter to TV contracts. Its about eyeballs moreso now that its ever been. That will continue to drop for OSU and the rest of that Conf. The OSU, UCF, Boise, Cincinnati’s of the world HAVE TO PLAY the big name/Power 5 schools to get some good ratings. Cincinnati-ND in a few weeks will be a really big draw. But it will not be a better rating than what the USC-ND one will be. You just cant replicate what those big names bring to the TV world

One thing I have continued to say is which channel the game is on.
I know the osu was on fs1 what was the usc game on.
I also said we have got to get on the network channel to do any good.

Ive said all along that OSU NEEDS Bedlam. Lets say 2023 is the first year you lose Bedlam and Texas. Heres what the schedule will likely be

Central Arkansas
@Arizona State
South Alabama
TCU
@KState
@Cincinnati
BYU
Kansas
@Baylor
Tech
Houston
@Iowa St

Just be honest here. Does that do anything for you? More importantly, do you think that does anything for the rest of the college football world? Do any of those games make you tune in if youre not a fan of either OSU or who theyre playing? Do you think that any of those games are attractive to enough to any of the networks? Remember, the current Big 12 with OU and Texas wasnt enough to get FOX on board…so do you think that removing those two and adding any of the new 4 all of a sudden does?

I completely agree. USC was on FOX. But ask yourself why was USC on the main one and not OSU?

Espn is nothing like it use to be. They are more bias then every. They or their people get into a lot of bs stuff. All the crap u named off was all about sec junk.
I also said we need to get a network. And made the point not to be in with espn. They have not shown They can sell conference channels.

I have all ready told I understand the bb system. But usc is not as high and mighty as u make them out to be.

I wont argue whether ESPN has bias or not. “SEC junk”. Regardless of whatever word you choose to use to describe ESPN and the SEC, it doesnt change the dominance of the Conf in every facet you want to use. 6 teams in the top 16. 7 in the top 25 and its like that every year. Listen, I hate the SEC love and it gets old. But until some other Conf can knock them off that perch…you just look ignorant to argue otherwise

Im not making USC out to be anything high or mighty. They are a Nat draw. Thats all I can tell you. The numbers and sustainability over the history of their program back me up on that. They are down currently. Every program goes through that. You like to bring up W-L records or on-field success when it comes to this TV/Conf realignment stuff, which in the short term does not matter. But even so, USC has finished in the top 20 in the 3 of the last 5 years. One of those was a Rose Bowl win. You just act like theyre trash and not winning anything.

Usc is still what there r the biggest bb west of the rockies. Still draws only 16th in the nation.
They draw bad because of win lose record.
The whole football system is biased. But u know what opened up basketball, bigger playoff. It won’t be fair at first being only 12. Why do u think a team like Gonzaga can compete. Sure it won’t be like basketball exactly.
And yes usc is trash.

You say drawing 16th, in a time when they’re down………is bad!!! Then what do you classify A&M, Cincinnati & BYU, who are in the middle of great runs……yet are still behind USC?

Gonzaga competes because of the same reason all successful teams do. A combination of the right coach, facilities, great recruiting and so on. That’s much easier to do in college basketball than it is in football. MUCH EASIER. OSU got Cade Cunningham. Gonzaga had a star too. That isn’t happening in football. The best player in the sport isn’t going to Tulsa or SMU. And even if he did, he’d need 15 more of em to be able to win consistently. You are 1 player away in basketball from being really good. That’s not the case in football. And now, with the transfer portal & NIL involved, the separation between the haves & have nots is only going to get wider

That portal helps every one. Nil will be adjusted not by ncaa. When ncaa final gets out of the way, things will change. Stealing players will not happen, there will be Capps. Just like the pros. So the trick is to stay in the loop. Usc is garbage

“You say drawing 16th, in a time when they’re down………is bad!!!?? Then what do you classify A&M, Cincinnati & BYU, who are in the middle of great runs……yet are still behind USC?”

Thoughts?

Two of them are g5. A&m are by some not a true bb.
But they are what 18th. That is about were they should be.
We’re talking about usc the only true bb west of the rockies in the largest (by along way) state. Compare usc record with Michigan notre dame and Texas to their tv numbers in last 10 years.

Soo…you at least admit that USC is a blue blood…one post after saying theyre garbage. So then if youre a TV exec in charge of running your business…you mean to tell me youre not taking USC whom you just said was “the only true blueblood West of the Rockies, in the largest (by a long way) state”…youre going to take the new Big 12…OVER THE PAC 12 WITH USC?

I have always said they were a bb. And they are garbage.
Tv exec. Can make any school better numbers.
This year I wouldn’t want to many pac 12 games out side the last spot.
Since their all bad they will make interesting out comes. I will say if Arizona beats anybody then pac 12 is really bad. I think Oregon plays Arizona this week. What if Oregon loses that one. Do we still remember the Ohio state game. Would u want the Oregon Arizona game televised in prime time on ABC.

Usc sucks garbage.

“Do we still remember the Ohio St game”…Ok, are you talking still from the TV viewership/ratings perspective? I so, The part that will be remembered is that just under 8million people watched that game. If youre talking College Football playoff teams, then the Win by Oregon will be lessened by losing to a PAC 12 team.

“Would you want the Oregon-Arizona game televised in primetime on ABC” Hell no. No clue why youre even asking that question.

Ok, going into this year, with OU and Texas on the schedules for the Big 8+4, the Conf averaged 45th. The PAC 12 averaged 41st. Not much difference, I agree. But you have to admit that the Big 12’s numbers are going to be effected by losing OU and Texas. Those numbers will go down. Even you would have to admit that. If youre running a business in charge of making your customers money…you have to forecast what those programs will do going forward.

U keep repeating urself yes ou texas have numbers.
Would we remember the osu game if Oregon loses to Arizona.
U really are hard to argue with. One u repeat anything u think I miss. Which is everything. U dnt retain info very good. Work on those things. This sting of post are played out.
Remember ur are the smarest guy in an empty room.

I answered it chief